The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Any info much appreciated, looking at going for this (retrade).
Reply 41
Go for it! The RAF is desperate for air traffic controller currently.
Original post by unruly1986
Any info much appreciated, looking at going for this (retrade).

Unruly,

Are you looking to commission into ATC? What's your current role?

If you PM me, I'm happy to answer any questions. And if you are currently at a unit in the south of the country I'd be happy to arrange a visit to a Tower/Swanwick if needed.

Regards,
AT
Original post by AlphaTango
Unruly,

Are you looking to commission into ATC? What's your current role?

If you PM me, I'm happy to answer any questions. And if you are currently at a unit in the south of the country I'd be happy to arrange a visit to a Tower/Swanwick if needed.

Regards,
AT

Hi AT. Currently TG4 ICT Tech. Very grateful for your offer - would definitely like to take you up on it. I'll PM you in the near future.
Original post by Dagowly
Well after this week it's now called SAOC - school of air operations control.

Waiting for one of the lads to get back to me with the new layout.

Hi Dagowly,

Just wondering if you have you had any joy getting any info back?

I have a visit to SAOC in a few weeks time so hopefully it will cover the new training format.

Thanks
Reply 45
Hello :smile:

I'm just wondering if anyone managed to find out about the structure of the new 26 week course at SAOC?

I understand its been swapped from a 3 day cycle to a 2 day?

Reply 46
Original post by bhavyab02
what is involved in the selection process when you apply. I haven't got any work experience in a similar field. I've only finished my A levels so what extra things will I need to do to be accepted?

Look at the RAF Recruitment website and seach on here. You don't need any experience, you need to meet the educational, medical and fitness requirements and have taken on positions that show leadership potential.
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest