The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi,
I am unaware of a undergrad degree in "I.T." as such, we do have a foundation course for IT which you can then use towards numerous other degrees such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistical Computing etc. I did not take this myself but from what I understand it provides a firm grounding in numerous subjects including maths and physics and does give you a very good grounding.

If you are considering a degree in CompSci or InfoSys then Brunel is great if perhaps your mathematics is a bit weak or you do not enjoy maths. The mathemtical content compared to more traditional CS degree courses is less, alot of the maths you will do in the 1st/2nd year will be discrete and logic based and its not too horrible to be fair. If maths is of no concern then I expect you will not struggle with the mathematical modules at all. The uni itself pushes hard with finding placements for students and does have a good record of students going on to find jobs in many high profile companies. I know students who are going on to placements this year with companies such as Microsoft, Volkswagen, Lloyds TSB and GlaxoSmithKline to name a few.

In terms of the university itself it has recently undergone major refurbnishment which is pretty much complete bar one building, but by the time you arrive that will be finished, so the university no longer looks like a building site! The student union was finished the year I arrived and looks great, if its not your thing then you have liquid in uxbridge which opened this month, aparently the renovation of the club costing £3 million!

Anyways hope that helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending