The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation in Art and Design 2016/17

Hi guys! Thought I would start this thread to see who else is applying to the CSM Foundation for this year :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
Im applying this year. Have you already applied?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Nice to meet you! Yes i've applied already and picked my preferred route (diagnostic), just waiting to hear whether i've got an interview or not now.

have you applied yet?
Reply 3
Nice to meet you too :smile: and no im still sorting out my reference so gonna apply next week hopefully and im still not sure whether to choose diagnostic or specific pathaway. Btw hows your protfolio going?
Hi,
Im hoping on applying next week as well. I think I'm going to apply for the diagnostic pathway. Have you started your portfolios?
I've applied to the CCW one, waiting for them to contact my referee for a reference.

Finished my portfolio today!
Reply 6
nice to meet you all :smile: and congrats on finishing your portfolio contradicta! still working on mine - need to get it done soon because i have an interview at loughborough on the 26th O_O trying to add a few things so it has a bit more variety, i have far too many paintings right now ;_;
Original post by miakia
nice to meet you all :smile: and congrats on finishing your portfolio contradicta! still working on mine - need to get it done soon because i have an interview at loughborough on the 26th O_O trying to add a few things so it has a bit more variety, i have far too many paintings right now ;_;

Good luck! I have an interview at Goldsmiths on the 13th and AUBournemouth on the 29th!

Turns out UAL did contact my referee, but he didn't see the email.

How many sheets of work do you have?
Hi, I applied for csm foundation too:smile:!
Hi nice to meet you all!:smile: I applied to CSM foundation too!
I also applied to city and guilds and Royal drawing school :smile:

Has anyone finish their portfolio haha?
how cool:smile: I haven't finished mine and I don't know how many pictures should I include since I am sending a digital portfolio haha, have you finished yours?
Yeah I haven't finished mine too:frown: I'm currently doing a online porfolio to send to lcf and lcc because I also applied for BA art direction course.

Just waiting for csm to get back to me!:frown:
csm foundation is hell. don't say i didn't warn you:tongue:
Original post by virginiamyw

Why do u say that? :smile:

Do you think I can ask you some questions for portfolio advice ? :smile:
Original post by PaulineN26
Why do u say that? :smile:

Do you think I can ask you some questions for portfolio advice ? :smile:

Because I'm doing this course at the moment and I haven't slept / eaten properly since the course started :tongue:

and yes, of course! I am also building my portfolio for the BA course at St Martins.
haha really? but do you like it? good luck with the BA :smile: do you know if there is a limit of photos in the digital portfolio or how much should I put in? I have no idea haha
Reply 17
Hi guys,
Any of you done with your portfolio? Do you know if your portfolio has to be about one or few projects? Cause I dont have any projects in my portfolio I just included A2 sheets of different stuff like drawings, collages, paitnings, mixed media etc so im really confused whether i should have full project showing ideas development and stuff..
Reply 18
Original post by contradicta
Good luck! I have an interview at Goldsmiths on the 13th and AUBournemouth on the 29th!

Turns out UAL did contact my referee, but he didn't see the email.

How many sheets of work do you have?

Sorry for the late reply! But i'm not exactly sure how many sheets i have, i've just taken lots of pages from my a level project sketchbooks plus a few pieces from outside of school... how many sheets did you have?

I also have an AUB interview, on the 16th of Feb!

Original post by virginiamyw

oh I'm sure it will be T_T

speaking of which, just heard back from CSM, got invited for portfolio review on the 24th February!! ual here i come :excited:
Original post by miakia
Sorry for the late reply! But i'm not exactly sure how many sheets i have, i've just taken lots of pages from my a level project sketchbooks plus a few pieces from outside of school... how many sheets did you have?

I also have an AUB interview, on the 16th of Feb!

I had 14 sheets in the end + 2 sketchbooks.

I've just been to my interview at Goldsmiths for Design BA and got an offer! So I probably will withdraw my application for the foundation course. Still going to the AUB foundation interview though as I've already payed for travel and a hotel haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending