The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation in Art and Design 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm applying too. So I'm currently working on my portfolio but I'm not sure if it will be good enough 😳
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Has everyone applied already? I'm gonna apply nearer the deadline and i still need to work on my portfolio too and im already nervous :/
Yes I have already applied, but haven't submitted my portfolio yet. I'm nervous too 😁
Reply 23
Original post by JoelGretsch
Yes I have already applied, but haven't submitted my portfolio yet. I'm nervous too 😁

have you got interview date aswell? Oh are you submitting yours digitally?
Reply 24
Hi has those who applied received a response yet? I applied earlier and I did my interview in December, and they tell you immediately after the interview if you got in.
Original post by rur13
have you got interview date aswell? Oh are you submitting yours digitally?

I'm submitting mine digitally, because I live in Switzerland and can't come to London.
You?
Reply 26
Original post by chri5tie
Hi has those who applied received a response yet? I applied earlier and I did my interview in December, and they tell you immediately after the interview if you got in.

Are you an international student? I thought they tell you the result on march or did they change it now ?
Reply 27
I'm submitting mine digitally, because I live in Switzerland and can't come to London.
You?

I live in the UK so i'm going to submit my portfolio physically
Reply 28

I applied in december and I've been invited for interview in february. also really? I thought that they emailed you around march time so they could decide after they've seen all the applicants... so did they tell you if you got in?

Original post by rur13
Has everyone applied already? I'm gonna apply nearer the deadline and i still need to work on my portfolio too and im already nervous :/

don't worry guys! I think we're all pretty nervous tbh, csm is kinda intimidating :s-smilie:
Reply 29
Original post by contradicta
I had 14 sheets in the end + 2 sketchbooks.

I've just been to my interview at Goldsmiths for Design BA and got an offer! So I probably will withdraw my application for the foundation course. Still going to the AUB foundation interview though as I've already payed for travel and a hotel haha

congrats on the offer!! good luck on your course :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by rur13
Are you an international student? I thought they tell you the result on march or did they change it now ?

International but they had an examiner fly over for the interview process so I did my interview at my school. Whole process took 30 mins, and for that I had a physical portfolio with my sketchbooks laid out and some of my artworks set up, and then first 15 mins they look at everything and you have to wait outside, and then the other 15 mins they interview you and after they asked u the questions they give you an offer at where they think you should go based on the work you show, and I know that some people in my school didn't get an offer from the school they applied to.
Reply 31
Hi, I've also applied to CSM foundation :smile: I had my interview 2 weeks ago and got an offer.
Reply 32
Ok now im confused. Do they tell the results right after interview to all applicants including home/eu ? Or is it just for international students ?
Reply 33
Original post by cycs
Hi, I've also applied to CSM foundation :smile: I had my interview 2 weeks ago and got an offer.

Congrats for getting in :smile: which pathaway did you apply for?
Reply 34
Original post by miakia
I applied in december and I've been invited for interview in february. also really? I thought that they emailed you around march time so they could decide after they've seen all the applicants... so did they tell you if you got in?

Yep they tell you right after the interview I know this girl at my school who applied for csm foundation but got offered lcf ipf instead
Reply 35
Yep they tell you right after the interview I know this girl at my school who applied for csm foundation but got offered lcf ipf instead

I thought csm didnt do interviews (for foundation atleast) Like we just leave the portfolio at 10am and pick it up later on the day and then they'll email you the results around end of March. This was till last year so maybe they changed it this year ohgod this is more nerve wrecking
Reply 36
Original post by rur13
I thought csm didnt do interviews (for foundation atleast) Like we just leave the portfolio at 10am and pick it up later on the day and then they'll email you the results around end of March. This was till last year so maybe they changed it this year ohgod this is more nerve wrecking

Don't worry have some confidence in yourself! :smile:
Regarding the selection process this is what I found hope this clears things a little:
"If you applied via an official UAL representative or the Asia Branch Office(<— my route):
You might be asked to attend a face-to-face interview with one of our travelling academic staff. In these interviews, our staff can make offers for courses at any of UAL's six Colleges. This means that if you are not accepted at your first choice College, you may be offered a more suitable course at one our other five Colleges.

If you applied directly to one of our Colleges:
If you applied directly to a College and you live outside the UK, we might ask you to attend a telephone interview. If you are already in the UK, or you’re able to travel to the UK, we will interview you in person at the College. If your application and interview are successful, we will offer you a place at the College you have applied to."
Reply 37
Hi everyone, Im from Spain I submitted my application for foundation csm two days ago, but i am confused about the portfolio, do i have to show them the portfolio when they call me for the interview or do i have to submit it digitally?
and how long does it takes to get replied? also I submitted my application for foundation at ravensbourne 3 weeks ago but still havent got news :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
hello guys, so I am going to apply for csm foundation too, but you know when you have to enter your GCSE results, they don't really have the options for science/additional science/further additional science..yet they have options for biology, physics and chemistry. So do I just not put the grades in or what? It's hard to convert the grades to just separate science subject
Original post by blinkofaneyee
hello guys, so I am going to apply for csm foundation too, but you know when you have to enter your GCSE results, they don't really have the options for science/additional science/further additional science..yet they have options for biology, physics and chemistry. So do I just not put the grades in or what? It's hard to convert the grades to just separate science subject

I had the same problem and I emailed them, they said to just enter it under the international qualifications section.

Quick Reply