UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation in Art and Design 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by liaamel
Hi guys this maybe a really dumb question, but are there interviews after portfolio reviews or just reviews? Ive got my review coming up on the 12th this month btw x

hello! i can't answer to ur question, but i want to ask you something:tongue: u said you have your review on the 12th. when did you send your application?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by deniakp
hello! i can't answer to ur question, but i want to ask you something:tongue: u said you have your review on the 12th. when did you send your application?

um I think I sent it late november like the 31st? When did you? x
Reply 82
Original post by chri5tie
Hi has those who applied received a response yet? I applied earlier and I did my interview in December, and they tell you immediately after the interview if you got in.

are the interviews after the portfolio reviews?
Reply 83
Original post by liaamel
um I think I sent it late november like the 31st? When did you? x

Oh u sent it early :tongue: I sent it on January 28 and today they sent me an email telling me to submit my portfolio for review
Reply 84
Original post by cherrydaisy
Hi, I'm doing CSM foundation right now and it is definitely difficult but also totally worth it! There are around 500-600 students in the course because there are a lot of pathways. As far as I know international students will get interviews and received the offer on the spot cos I had one myself. But my home/EU friends who were able to go to London didn't get an interview and only dropped off their portfolios and picked them up later during the day. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the course! I can still remember how nervous I was last year when applying x

Hi :smile: I was wondering are there interviews after portfolio reviews or does the application process just stop after the review? Also, does everyone get portfolio reviews or do you have to make it through to the "next stage" to get one?
Thank you x
Reply 85
Guys does anyone knows approximmately how many people apply for foundation at csm and how many get accepted? I am starting to worry about my portfolio that it won't be too good to get in :< :confused:
Original post by liaamel
I have, is there an interview too or do we just drop off our portfolios?

From what I've heard we just take them but some people said they sometimes interview afterwards however the website says we just drop it off so I'm going to think that and then if were interviewed even better right?:')
Reply 87
Original post by Emilyybarnesxx
From what I've heard we just take them but some people said they sometimes interview afterwards however the website says we just drop it off so I'm going to think that and then if were interviewed even better right?:':wink:

ahah why is this so unpredictable? thanks though :borat:
Reply 88
Original post by deniakp
Guys does anyone knows approximmately how many people apply for foundation at csm and how many get accepted? I am starting to worry about my portfolio that it won't be too good to get in :< :confused:

wish I knew! I'm so nervous aswell
Original post by liaamel
ahah why is this so unpredictable? thanks though :borat:

I don't even know, I think I've read so many threads now that I'm just confused myself 😂😂 what pathway have you applied for?
Reply 90
I don't even know, I think I've read so many threads now that I'm just confused myself 😂😂 what pathway have you applied for?

diagnostic, you?
Original post by liaamel
diagnostic, you?

Fashion, hopefully that'll be okay would take any pathway they give me tho hahah :')
Reply 92
Original post by liaamel
Hi guys this maybe a really dumb question, but are there interviews after portfolio reviews or just reviews? Ive got my review coming up on the 12th this month btw x

pretty sure they only have reviews, and they don't actually interview you. at least thats what I've got from the website/emails!

most of you seem to have your reviews on the 12th, anyone else got it on the 24th?
Original post by deniakp
What kind of questions did they ask you? I'm really worried about that, if they invite me for an interview.

Normal questions like what's the difficulty while you developing your project/ What do you think you need to improve in uni. That may not be same for the foundation because the person interviewed me was from the degree course. You need to be familiar with every single detail about your work, cause they may ask questions about your work while you are explaining it. Normally, they will just tell you the result after the 3 hrs review of your portfolio. May not be true, but that's what I saw on the portfolio review day.:smile:
Original post by deniakp

On the open day they said approximately accept 500 foundation students in total every year , around 250 from overseas and 250 from UK/EU. It will be harder for people who come from outside UK/EU to get in since there will be far more applicants all over the world.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by coleeeeee
Normal questions like what's the difficulty while you developing your project/ What do you think you need to improve in uni. That may not be same for the foundation because the person interviewed me was from the degree course. You need to be familiar with every single detail about your work, cause they may ask questions about your work while you are explaining it. Normally, they will just tell you the result after the 3 hrs review of your portfolio. May not be true, but that's what I saw on the portfolio review day.:smile:

Thanks for the details:biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by coleeeeee
On the open day they said approximately accept 500 foundation students in total every year , around 250 from overseas and 250 from UK/EU. It will be harder for people who come from outside UK/EU to get in since there will be far more applicants all over the world.

And thanks again :rolleyes::bigsmile:
Reply 97
Original post by miakia
pretty sure they only have reviews, and they don't actually interview you. at least thats what I've got from the website/emails!

most of you seem to have your reviews on the 12th, anyone else got it on the 24th?

Thanks that clears things up and yeah, my friend does but he hasn't started preparing his portfolio yet
Reply 98
Fashion, hopefully that'll be okay would take any pathway they give me tho hahah :':wink:

Same :') good luck by the way :smile:
Original post by liaamel
Same :':wink: good luck by the way :smile:

You too! Hopefully we shall be seeing each other there in September Ahaa fingers crossed! 🙈

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending