The Student Room Group

Possible solutions to rejections

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I.sarkar
thanks for replying, can it be my gcse teacher

Certainly, if there is no one more recent who can comment on your A levels.
Reply 21
If anyone is still interested after a call from my head teacher the applications department had another look at my application and gave me a place, there were two reasons for this it transpired, 1. It turned out one of my teachers had entered the wrong predicted grade and I was in fact eligible, 2. the more important reason was that during last year I had a relatively serious illness which prevented me from taking most of my exams, which has meant that I had to retake the year, and it turned out the admissions hadn't read my personal statement that mentioned it, or the references which went into detail. This being a reason for my slightly lower grade predictions as I had had to start a new subject this year and it wasn't known if I would do well or not when the original grades were written. Really my point of starting this thread was that I was just rather surprised, and I wasn't being a whiny little b***h about it, and all the careers staff in fact asked me if I wanted them to ring up. The main point they made is that if it really doesn't quite add up, then there's nothing wrong with just asking the admissions tutor for a reason if they didn't include one in the letters that came with the rejection! Peace and love hombres
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending