The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I wouldnt think so (that it's a problem). The pharmacy I did my pre reg has since closed and I asked my tutor at Uni at the time to write on my behalf and explain that I completed my pre reg there and that the manager responsible for me couldnt be located. That was my only work experience back at home so I asked GPhC if that was OK and they agreed.
Reply 21
Hi...Just wondering if anyone plans to stay at Sunderland's accommodation?
I am looking at accommodation in Scotia Quay. Any potential flat mates there?
Hi everyone I've created a Facebook page for OSPAP 2016/2017 to facilitate our networking, here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1657702161164141/
hi,do you know what is the difference between Pgdip and Msc?I want to work for NHS in the future, if possible of course.thanks
Hi all during the application to the GPhC, has anyone been in a situation whereby the University or the Pharmacy council (in their country of qualification), have denied sending Academic Transcript or the Letter of Good Standing, respectively, to an international address please? If yes then how have you dealt with this please?
Thank you
Reply 25
Original post by nurikarakaya
hi,do you know what is the difference between Pgdip and Msc?I want to work for NHS in the future, if possible of course.thanks

Basically PgDip has less credit hours than Msc route because it doesn't involve completing a research. PgDip course takes about 10 months where Msc will be one year.
I will say choosing which route to do does not affect the outcome of landing yourself in a job. Unless if you want to proceed with PhD where Msc will make a difference.
Reply 26
Original post by StudyOSPAP
Hi all during the application to the GPhC, has anyone been in a situation whereby the University or the Pharmacy council (in their country of qualification), have denied sending Academic Transcript or the Letter of Good Standing, respectively, to an international address please? If yes then how have you dealt with this please?
Thank you

StudyOSPAP, where are you from ? I have not faced such a situation. Is there any reason given for rejecting your request? If it is logistic or money issue, you can arrange for a delivery company to pick up the required documents from the university or pharmacy board. With that way, you get to pay the courier service upfront without the university dealing with it. I don't see why they refuse to do you a favour if you have not had any problems with your professional records previously. Hope this helps.
Original post by Kaizia
StudyOSPAP, where are you from ? I have not faced such a situation. Is there any reason given for rejecting your request? If it is logistic or money issue, you can arrange for a delivery company to pick up the required documents from the university or pharmacy board. With that way, you get to pay the courier service upfront without the university dealing with it. I don't see why they refuse to do you a favour if you have not had any problems with your professional records previously. Hope this helps.

Thats a good idea Zia, do you think you can try that Ritesh? Get DHL to pick document. My regional council was a pain in the arse to deal with...
hi to all,
do we need to take the academic version of UKVI ielts,
I passed normal academic not UKVI one,
which ielts did you passed?
Reply 29
hi to all,
do we need to take the academic version of UKVI ielts,
I passed normal academic not UKVI one,
which ielts did you passed?

Sunderland does accept the normal version of academic ielts as long as you hit the requirement. It has got to be ukvi if it's for visa purposes.
I currently have a valid work visa until september of 2017,
so I told them that I do not need a visa,
are other universities accept normal ielts results?
Original post by Kaizia
Sunderland does accept the normal version of academic ielts as long as you hit the requirement. It has got to be ukvi if it's for visa purposes.

thank you for your reply,
I am a little relieved,
nuri
Reply 32
I currently have a valid work visa until september of 2017,
so I told them that I do not need a visa,
are other universities accept normal ielts results?

Which university are you applying to for ospap? You can always give them a call to check it out by the way.
I applied to Sunderland,
today just after working hours finished,
I had a mail saying that they "need verify the IELTS centre number with Cambridge Esol as it does not match the number it should on the list provided by the UKVI"
but I know that the test centre (Basil Paterson Edinburgh) is on UKVI list,
however the test cente number on UKVI list is GBS01, but in my test report form it is 69744,

so I tought that maybe I took the wrong test,
maybe I should have taken UKVI Academic,
but as you said it is only for visa purposes,
we will see on monday,
I hope it won't be a problem because it took me so long to pass IELTS test
Reply 34
I applied to Sunderland,
today just after working hours finished,
I had a mail saying that they "need verify the IELTS centre number with Cambridge Esol as it does not match the number it should on the list provided by the UKVI"
but I know that the test centre (Basil Paterson Edinburgh) is on UKVI list,
however the test cente number on UKVI list is GBS01, but in my test report form it is 69744,

so I tought that maybe I took the wrong test,
maybe I should have taken UKVI Academic,
but as you said it is only for visa purposes,
we will see on monday,
I hope it won't be a problem because it took me so long to pass IELTS test

I took my IELTS academic test in a UKVI approved center but I did not go for the UKVI test itself. I am sure it is fine after they have figured that out. Hope to see you joining our facebook group soon!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheerss~~~
Original post by Kaizia
I took my IELTS academic test in a UKVI approved center but I did not go for the UKVI test itself. I am sure it is fine after they have figured that out. Hope to see you joining our facebook group soon!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Cheerss~~~

I hope too,
thanks for your replies,
have good weekend
Hi Nurikarakaya could you please advise how did it take for the GPhC to get back to your application please? Thank you
hi,

if you take ielts academic, it does not matter if it is ukvi or not, it is ok for GPhC.

universities can accept any academic ielts results (even if test centre is not on ukvi approved test centre list), if you do not require a visa to study.

even if you need a visa to study in the uk, universities can accept non-ukvi ielts results, it is up to them. they can provide a CAS document that you successfully passed language requirements and you do not need to send a document regarding your ielts test results to ukvi.

however, just to be safe, if you do not have your test yet, it is better to have it in a ukvi approved test center, also make sure that you control your test center number with the ukvi list, and the numbers are the same.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests

I took ielts in basil paterson in edinburgh and they have two different test center numbers, be aware of that.
thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Nurikarakaya could you please advise how long did it take for the GPhC to get back to your application please? I have applied few days ago, do you think they will get back to me maximum within 2 weeks please? Thank you
Not long now peeps!

Latest

Trending

Trending