The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Events Management Leeds Beckett 2016

Anyone else thinking of doing Events Management at Leeds Beckett ? i have a unconditional offer so it would be cool to speak to anyone else on the course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kateelias
Anyone else thinking of doing Events Management at Leeds Beckett ? i have a unconditional offer so it would be cool to speak to anyone else on the course :smile:

I am, they changed my offer to unconditional today
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2

Me :smile: I received an offer a few days ago :smile:
Reply 3
Congratulations! Is it your firm offer ? :wink:
Reply 4
Congratulations! Is it your firm offer ? :wink:

Thanks! nope, conditional, I'm still at college so I won't know my final results until May/June
Reply 5
Good Luck :smile: i think Leeds Beckett has a pretty good reputation for EM, have you been to any of the open days?
Reply 6
Good Luck :smile: i think Leeds Beckett has a pretty good reputation for EM, have you been to any of the open days?

Thankyou, and yeah, i've heard that too. I didn't go to an open day but I went to a campus tour and am going to book an applicant's visit. What about you? :smile:
Reply 7
not been to anything, but i know a few friends who did the course and who go to the uni and they say its great! One of them is working in Reo now and has helped with the Olympics sounds really rewarding. My mate on the course now said they got to go to a music festival free as well so it does sound like a pretty fun course. Have you looked at accommodation? :wink:
Reply 8
not been to anything, but i know a few friends who did the course and who go to the uni and they say its great! One of them is working in Reo now and has helped with the Olympics sounds really rewarding. My mate on the course now said they got to go to a music festival free as well so it does sound like a pretty fun course. Have you looked at accommodation? :wink:

Well I've been a couple of times as I have a friend who goes there and I visit as often as I can, the uni has a really nice feel about it :smile: On the campus tour they did a presentation where they mentioned how people who do events management get to opportunity to volunteer at music festivals and many students have met famous artists who perform at them which is quite exciting :smile: I have looked at accommodation a fair bit actually, Carnegie Village would be my top choice, either cluster flats or townhouse, not too bothered but they look like my kind of scene. Yourself? :smile:
Reply 9
It looks really exciting! I was looking at Carnegie Village because of its location, Opal is suppose to be really good but its in the centre not in Hedgingly so I'm really not sure. Either way it will be good, hope to see you on the course :biggrin:
Reply 10
It looks really exciting! I was looking at Carnegie Village because of its location, Opal is suppose to be really good but its in the centre not in Hedgingly so I'm really not sure. Either way it will be good, hope to see you on the course :biggrin:

Yeah, location wise it's ideal! All the other accommodation I looked at was nice but so much closer to city campus than headingley, which is a shame, but i'm sure wherever we end up will be great :smile: me too!
Reply 11
Is your offer BBB, I was offered that and then got a Email a while after saying they changed it so you could get a unconditional! :wink:
Reply 12
I'm thinking of studying Events Management at Leeds Beckett :smile: are any of you going to an applicant day?
Original post by JessHey
I'm thinking of studying Events Management at Leeds Beckett :smile: are any of you going to an applicant day?

Maybe the 10th of February one
Reply 14
Original post by DanaMills
Maybe the 10th of February one

I was thinking of going to the 10th February one too.
Original post by JessHey
I was thinking of going to the 10th February one too.
cool maybe I'll see you there :smile:
Reply 16
cool maybe I'll see you there :smile:

Yes that would be good! :smile: Would like to know some people before starting
Original post by JessHey
Yes that would be good! :smile: Would like to know some people before starting

Same :smile: are you moving far?
Reply 18
Same :smile: are you moving far?

Not too far :smile: I'm in Sheffield. How about you?
Original post by JessHey
Not too far :smile: I'm in Sheffield. How about you?
Hertfordshire, like 3 hours away haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending