The Student Room Group

MATHS - Should I reapply to Warwick?

Anybody know if Warwick will give the offer again after rejecting and then reapplying? (preferably from past experience)
If you mean reapplying in the same year (ie. through Clearing) then no, its a total waste of time. They have already decided that they don't want you.

If you mean reapplying in the following year, yes you can. This assumes you have the right grades and have totally rewritten your PS. Unis will always reconsider you - but of course there is no guarantee of an offer.
Reply 2
I mean more:
If I got the grades needed for the offer, rejected it, and then applied again next year do you think they would give me an offer again?
Original post by mpaterson
I mean If I got the grades needed for the offer, rejected it, and then applied again next year do you think they would give me an offer again?

Yes probably. They wouldnt reject you just because you didnt make them your Firm/Insurance this year.
be aware that maths at warwick is extremely competitive and unless your grades are exceptional you will not likely get in.

Entry RequirementsA level
Grade A* in A-Level Mathematics, grade A in A-Level Further Mathematics, grade A in one additional non-Maths A-Level and grade 1 in any STEP
OR
Grade A* in A-Level Mathematics, grade A* in A-Level Further Mathematics and grade A* in one additional non-Maths A-Level
OR
Grade A* in A-Level Mathematics, grade A* in A-Level Further Mathematics and grades AA in two additional non-Maths A-Levels
OR
Grade A* in A-Level Mathematics, grade A* in A-Level Further Mathematics, grade A in one additional non-Maths A-Level and either grade 2 in any STEP or Distinction in AEA Mathematics
International Baccalaureate 39 points overall including:
EITHER
7,6,6 in three subjects at Higher Level including Mathematics
OR
6, 6, 6 in three subjects at Higher Level including Mathematics plus grade 2 in any STEP or Distinction in AEA Mathematics

Quick Reply

Latest