The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Why are there next to no alternatives to OU?

I know theres RDI but it seems to be at the bottom of the pile...

Posted from TSR Mobile
OU has been around for so long and is highly respected that no other company would have a choice in the market

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
There are. The University of London International Programme is the main one, but there are also 'brick' universities which offer distance learning degrees too.
Original post by Snufkin
There are. The University of London International Programme is the main one, but there are also 'brick' universities which offer distance learning degrees too.

But the brick unis offering those distance degrees is a relatively new thing in most cases compared to how long the OU has been running so are less established in the field and less widely known about for that reason.

Some brick unis offer a few select part time and/or distance courses but you have to actively go looking for the info but it's worth it as some offer practical experience etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Souljer
I know theres RDI but it seems to be at the bottom of the pile...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there!

RDI offer extraordinary support and service to thousands of students worldwide and have exciting plans in the year ahead to make UK Higher Education even more relevant, accessible and student focused.

Just a couple of stats that might convince you...from one of the student surveys conducted last year...

Over 85% of students with RDI are satisfied with the quality of their course

84% of RDI students believe the distance learning schedule works efficiently as faras their studies are concerned

I hope this convinces you RDI is by no means 'bottom of the pile' and as 88%of students believe RDI have provided excellent value for money - it might be worth considering? :smile:

Why not look at what some of the students say?

http://www.rdi.co.uk/studying-with-rdi/what-our-students-say/

Quick Reply

Latest