The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience... anyone??

Hey,
So I got an offer for psychology and cognitive neuroscience and I was just wondering if anyone wouldn't mind telling what it's like and how Psychology is in general and how are the lecturers and what not. How is the accommodation, the workload the resources available. Also how good is their library with regard to psychology. Anything and everything would be really helpful; I'm from London so if anyone is from London how different is it? How similar? What is something you wish you had known about before accepting your offer? Thank you so much :smile: Georgia
Hi Georgia,

Firstly congratulations! I don't do psychology but quite a few of my friends do. So I've asked them for you. They say the workload is quite heavy but they space it out really well for you. You also get to do lots of different topics which makes it interesting. They say most of the lecturers are quite nice and really helpful and the others create online question forums. The library has a lot of resources both in the library and online.

The accommodation is good and there is a range of styles to fit all budgets and most of them are pretty modern. The closest halls to the Psychology building are Bridges which opened new last year and Wessex the cheapest hall. But all halls are close so, wherever you choose its about 15 mins walk to the centre of campus and 20 to psychology if you are on the other side of campus. Have a look on these links, for more information https://www.reading.ac.uk/15/life/accommodation/acc-halls-list.aspx
https://www.reading.ac.uk/15/life/accommodation/life-halls.aspx

I live in West London, and I would say Reading isn't that different from the town I live in, Reading is bigger and has lots of shops and restaurants. The nightclubs are also cheaper because of student nights. The major difference I found was not having the tube, and the buses. For example you don't have oyster cards but you have something similar, and you don't have TFL route planner to tell how to get to different places. But the buses do come quite regularly and Reading buses website is quite helpful, just not as good as TFL.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask me any other questions.
Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geography
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey Emma!
Thank you so much for your information and also the links are brilliant, so again thank you! I'l be heading up to Reading in a few weeks so I'll keep everything you said in mind! Good luck with the year.
Georgia
Original post by G.Merchant
Hey Emma!
Thank you so much for your information and also the links are brilliant, so again thank you! I'l be heading up to Reading in a few weeks so I'll keep everything you said in mind! Good luck with the year.
Georgia

Hey Georgia,

Glad it was helpful. Are you attending a post offer/ visit day? Or are you just coming to have a look round.

In the mean time feel free to ask me anything else, and I hope the exams go well!

Emma :smile:
2nd Year Human and Physical Geography

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending