The Student Room Group

Integration - maybe C4/M4?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by B_9710
I think as long as you know how to derive the standard integrals there is no point doing it every time, you may as well just remember them from then on. Much quicker then

Are you doing further pure 3? do you know if there is any chance of any of the derivations being asked in the exam? or are they just for understanding purposes
Reply 21
Original post by DylanJ42
Are you doing further pure 3? do you know if there is any chance of any of the derivations being asked in the exam? or are they just for understanding purposes

I have done FP3 yes. I think that they could ask you, I've never seen it asked but tbh I think it's always a good idea knowing at least where the main ones come from.
Honestly though I don't know, I'm doing AQA, but really I'm not sure.
Original post by B_9710
I have done FP3 yes. I think that they could ask you, I've never seen it asked but tbh I think it's always a good idea knowing at least where the main ones come from.
Honestly though I don't know, I'm doing AQA, but really I'm not sure.

It's great that they include them in the textbooks and I enjoy them etc but at the end of the day derivations for exams are just about learning them off, and i'm really not up to mindlessly learning off 10+ derivations (I do enough mindless learning in physics) :laugh: but i suppose it would be easy marks

Reply 23
It's great that they include them in the textbooks and I enjoy them etc but at the end of the day derivations for exams are just about learning them off, and i'm really not up to mindlessly learning off 10+ derivations (I do enough mindless learning in physics) :laugh: but i suppose it would be easy marks

You planning on doing physics then at uni?
Original post by B_9710
You planning on doing physics then at uni?

Hoping to just do straight maths, however if I couldn't study maths then I'd probably go with either physics or computer science.

What are you studying?
Reply 25
Hoping to just do straight maths, however if I couldn't study maths then I'd probably go with either physics or computer science.

What are you studying?

Maths

Quick Reply

Latest