The Student Room Group

Best place and time for a lad's holiday?

7 18 year old's going for a week, looking for good places; we are thinking of Magaluf, Ayia Napa and Kos.
Opinions?
And what is the best time to go away?
Previous experiences?
If you're looking at going to university 2016/17, most don't start until ~20th September 16.
Try the first week in September, it'll be a lot cheaper (I've seen Zante/Kavos for less than 200 each on thomsons) and it'll still be boiling hot. I've had friends been then and enjoyed it. That's when most students travel too, so won't have many school kids as they will be back by then.

I've been to:
Magaluf 19th-26th July, was hot and chock a block full of people but spread out between strip and BCM square. The 'big' clubs are a walk away.
San Antonio Bay 11-18th August, was too hot, and people are more concentrated on the strip. The 'big' clubs are in the centre of the island 15 mins in a minibus. Café mambo a must.
I'll be near Ayia Napa 17th Aug this year, will venture in a few days/nights see what it's like.:u:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I would strongly advise Sunny Beach in Bulgaria.

It has everything you want on a lads holiday.

1. Much Cheaper ( different currency not EURO ) = More money avalaible for boat parties , clubs , alcohol , events e.t.c
2. 'Going' for 'hot' females is usually a factor in lad holidays. Sunny Beach has greater variety then your typical English. ( hotter females )

Google Sunny Beach Bulgaria , you may change your mind about the other 3.
i wouldn't suggest going to bulgaria after 10th sept bcs most of the parties, boats and trips might be over, if you book now you will get a huge discount anyway, the currency is BGN, around 2,45 BGN=£1, deffo do the jeep safary trip, it doesnt matter what agency you go there with, they all offer pretty much the same things, the best period to go is maybe the last week of august, the catamaran trip is pretty cool too, i wouldnt suggest the party boat trip tho, idk it might just not be my type of thing, i didnt like it much.. and dont forget to talk to your rep if you need help/have problems/whatever, they will 11/10 help you or try to do something for you, i hope you have nice time there

Quick Reply

Latest