The Student Room Group

Don't feel like going back to university after these Christmas holidays

First year student.

I like University. A-lot. I really feel, or felt settled in, until these Christmas holidays. I've been working, but seeing old friends and just enjoying home. Anyone else feel like this?
Yeah, this is common feeling although it varies in degree from person to person. A good way to help is to get in contact with uni friends. Just simply speaking to one or a few of them makes you start to miss uni and want to be back.
i feel the same way too, i really enjoy working from home and doing my own thing, i think uni life can get a bit full on sometimes, especially in a halls environment when people can be quite loud and go out alot, and this is especially so in first year. However, just think, youve pretty much been at university for 50% of the academic year and when you go back things should start to settle down, as it will be approaching February and before you know it there is 2 months left till exams so people will knuckle down and things will quieten down a bit.
I've never felt like this. Hometown is just too depressing, plus I have very few friends there. I spend as little time as I can in my hometown. I love my uni city and can't wait to move there permanantly
Original post by theperformer
First year student.

I like University. A-lot. I really feel, or felt settled in, until these Christmas holidays. I've been working, but seeing old friends and just enjoying home. Anyone else feel like this?

I'm kinda on the same boat as you too. I'm still not 100% sure I want to stay at the Uni i'm in, but the way I figure it is that other people must be feeling the same as me.

if you're concerned about not seeing your old mates and family, you could possibly
arrange to have them come over for visits, or you can go see them too- when I go back here in January i'll be coming home for a weekend to help break it up a bit :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest