The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Postgraduate Application/Offer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CeriJenkins
Hello everyone!

I have an unconditional offer to Msc Politics and Communication (huzzah), and was wondering if anyone here will be living in Lilian Knowles? It'd be nice to get to know some people before moving.

Congrats on your offer! :h: I have applied for the same course and received an email that told me I was an applicant under consideration on 5th of February. I also received an email about 4 days ago that told me that I was still under consideration with the department. Do you have any idea how much longer shall I wait from any former experience that you might have/know?

Best regards,
Flavia :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by chocoholic_x
But the deadline for the GSS is 27th April! Ahhh I shouldn't be getting stressed about this when my dissertation is due less than a week. :afraid:

hi, did it work out?
I hope it did!
all the best with your dissertation too (:
Original post by prospectivegrad
hi, did it work out?
I hope it did!
all the best with your dissertation too (:

Just received my ID number as of 20 minutes ago! I need to wait another hour before logging in but then I'll be able to complete my GSS application, before the 5pm deadline.

Cutting it fine, but I think it's all worked out! :biggrin: (Obviously though, there are the massive hurdles of actually getting funding and an offer, yet)
Original post by micological
The GSS automatically computes the support it will give and the results immediately appear on LSE for You. If you'll be applying for scholarships, though - the applications for which are also done through the GSS - then you would have to wait longer. According to the LSE website, scholarship results will be released in June or July.

And yup, it's okay to apply after the offer is received!

I hope you get funding! Good luck! :smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Didn't get the GSS. Hoping for a scholarship award now.
Reply 464
Any MSc International Relations around?
Just made a group for all the information on the LSE anniversary scholarships and LMA's!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4055529
Just got a conditional offer for MSc Economics :smile:
Congrats :smile: At what time? :smile:
Original post by blackbluegreen
Has anyone heard anything on the Anniversary Scholarship? They say we will hear by the end of July at the latest, but I wondered whether some people had already had decisions

Last year they were made on a rolling basis, so I heard about mine late April after being made a programme offer in February.
Original post by FlaviaKola
Congrats :smile: At what time? :smile:

I sent in my application around January 20 and received my ID by the end of January... took them quite a while.
I have sent my application on 22 of January and still waiting...:awesome:
Original post by blackbluegreen
Cool, thanks.

Do they also tell you if you have been unsuccessful? I need a definite answer before I can decide whether to go ahead with the masters

I honestly don't know, although don't count yourself out until the end of July deadline.
Going for City Design and Social Sciences and staying in Lilian Knowles :smile:
Reply 473
Ooo, hello! Looks like we will be studying together.

Me too! :smile: I will also be studying politics and communication
Reply 474
Original post by jamesli322
Applied to MSc Financial Mathematics, still waiting for a decision :P, though got an offer from Imperial in RMFE.

I also applied to MSc Financial Mathematics and still waiting too! When did you apply?
Reply 475
Hello, I received a recommendation for an offer for the LSE Msc in Finance program...does this mean I got accepted? or is there still a chance of rejection?
Reply 476
Hey, I've applied to the 2 year MiM course and just wanted to know how any other applicants are getting along? I recently got an email from Professor Sandy saying that he has recommend me for an offer. Just not so sure if that means I have an offer!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 477
Congratulations on your offer! I'm going to be studying MSc. Organisational and Social Psychology. I'll also be at Lilian Knowles. So excited for September!

Hello everyone!

I have an unconditional offer to Msc Politics and Communication (huzzah), and was wondering if anyone here will be living in Lilian Knowles? It'd be nice to get to know some people before moving.
Reply 478
Hi Beni_94,

I received an email today from Professor Sandy for the MiM programme too, I think it is the unofficial notification by the department. I have the same doubts as you because I only submitted my application 3 weeks ago. When did you send off yours? Did you check the LSEforyou application tracker? Mine still says application under progress.

Original post by Beni_94
Hey, I've applied to the 2 year MiM course and just wanted to know how any other applicants are getting along? I recently got an email from Professor Sandy saying that he has recommend me for an offer. Just not so sure if that means I have an offer!
Reply 479
Original post by rww
Hi Beni_94,

I received an email today from Professor Sandy for the MiM programme too, I think it is the unofficial notification by the department. I have the same doubts as you because I only submitted my application 3 weeks ago. When did you send off yours? Did you check the LSEforyou application tracker? Mine still says application under progress.

Hi,

I sent my application around the 10th March and received that email a week ago. I've been checking LSEforyou daily but my status has remained as "under consideration by the department". The email does say it will take 3-4 weeks but I can't help but keep checking. Judging by comments of people in other LSE departments, this email of recommendation is fairly common and I haven't come across an instance yet where it hasn't been followed by an offer. Hopefully we won't be the first ones to experience this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending