Reply 200
Original post by hverma
I am a final year Economics student at UCL
First Year average - 70%
Second Year average - 82%
strong background in math and econometrics
Top 5% of the class

When did you apply?

Completed application on the 30th Nov and yourself?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Has anyone been made an offer for Global Politics, Conflict Studies, or International Relations MSc?
Original post by Simon2454
I worry about one thing...

As I heard that LSE might be really "no response" to few applications over 9/ 10 weeks, then it almost means that will be no hope and will reject to offer at the end, but you need to wait for quite a long period.

It's just a unconfirmed rumour, could anyone can try to clarify about this a bit? Pls... :s-smilie:

I received a rejection within 14 days of applying lol. Do not believe the rumours.
Original post by mr.tcbj
No it does not mean anything. You can still be accepted even if it takes longer than 8 weeks. I waited for over four months at masters level and I got an offer (dual degree). My friend applied for IR, got rejected after three months, but nonetheless got his second choice (Global Politics).

How long did it take for your friend to hear back about Global Politics? I got rejected for Conflict Studies and only submitted one choice originally so I submitted a second choice form for Global Politics.
Original post by haiihhaile
Has anyone been made an offer for Global Politics, Conflict Studies, or International Relations MSc?

I'm waiting for an answer for IR, but I just applied on January.
Original post by cameras
Hi everyone - I was accepted into the MSc Political Economy of Late Development programme + will be accepting my offer. Is anyone else going to be in the same programme or is currently in it? PM me! :smile:

Hi cameras,

Congrats! Can I ask what your profile is?
Current BSc Government and Economics student here, happy to answer any questions!
Got an offer for MSc Gender, Policy and Inequalities :-)

The letter was sent on 2 February but LSEforyou has only been updated today.
Reply 208
Original post by Mamataj
Hi cameras,

Congrats! Can I ask what your profile is?

I graduated from a top 20 college in the US with a 3.5 GPA and have been working in consulting for the past 2 years. I received two great references from professors I knew very well. Not sure how my personal statement was but I read a lot of books on the subject over the summer and hopefully that carried thru in my essay. If anyone else is attending my programme (MSc in Political Economy of Late Development), please let me know! I don't know of anyone who is going to LSE this fall & while exciting, it is quite daunting..!
Reply 209
Original post by SantaKlaus
Got an offer for MSc Gender, Policy and Inequalities :-)

The letter was sent on 2 February but LSEforyou has only been updated today.

When did you apply? And were you initially waitlisted?
Original post by Freakon
When did you apply? And were you initially waitlisted?

Received my LSE ID on 19 December and nope, I was not waitlisted.

What was your offer requirements?e.g grade percentage
Original post by PGstudent14
What was your offer requirements?e.g grade percentage

I'm required to obtain my degree with a minimum overall mark of 2, which is the equivalent of a 2:1 in Austria.
I'm required to obtain my degree with a minimum overall mark of 2, which is the equivalent of a 2:1 in Austria.

That's awesome! Congratulation!
Reply 214

Cool. Many congratulations! :smile:
Hi all,

I have received an offer already for Global Politics, and I have asked the department to consider me for my second choice which is in the same department. I received a strange email from the "Taught Programmes Manager" who said at the end of the email: I am not involved in the decision making process but it looks likely that we can offer you a place on your second choice programme without having to transfer after registration.

I am so stressed because on what basis can she say this? My personal statement even mention my first choice programme name, 'MSc in Global Politics', but I do talk about the modules I would like to study a lot and my second choice programme is in the same department so the only difference is is that the core module is slightly different. The academic requires are the same so no problem there. Has she seen the amount of people currently applying or what?

I am from India and am so stressed out right now, what do I do, what does this even mean? I'm not sure when I hear back either, I need to know before arrival in London!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 216
Original post by cameras
Thank you! I applied in early November and got my offer two weeks ago. Long wait (very much over 8 weeks) but I'm so excited!

Hey! I also applied for this program. I submitted my app in early November too but due to some issues with my references, my application was only submitted to the academic selectors on 12/16/15. So almost going to be 8 weeks in one more week. I hope I get a good result.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 217
Original post by newdehli
Hi all,

I have received an offer already for Global Politics, and I have asked the department to consider me for my second choice which is in the same department. I received a strange email from the "Taught Programmes Manager" who said at the end of the email: I am not involved in the decision making process but it looks likely that we can offer you a place on your second choice programme without having to transfer after registration.

I am so stressed because on what basis can she say this? My personal statement even mention my first choice programme name, 'MSc in Global Politics', but I do talk about the modules I would like to study a lot and my second choice programme is in the same department so the only difference is is that the core module is slightly different. The academic requires are the same so no problem there. Has she seen the amount of people currently applying or what?

I am from India and am so stressed out right now, what do I do, what does this even mean? I'm not sure when I hear back either, I need to know before arrival in London!

Hi! This is such a peculiar situation. If I were you, I would definitely call LSE and speak to someone within the department about your situation and say that you want to confirm this before moving ahead with this decision. I think the best option would be to get as much information as you can so that you can make an informed decision.
Original post by haiihhaile
How long did it take for your friend to hear back about Global Politics? I got rejected for Conflict Studies and only submitted one choice originally so I submitted a second choice form for Global Politics.

I don't know exactly but I am positive it was less than a month from the rejection until he got the offer for Global Politics.
Reply 219
Any words for MSc Finance peeps? Completed / downloaded application in early December and still waiting 😬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending