The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Postgraduate Application/Offer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I have just received a conditional offer for Human Resource & Organisation!
Need to send them proof of degree & transcript though... does it mean that the offer will change to unconditional automatically once they have received my documents/proof?
Thanks!

And anyone applied for the HR programme also? :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 241
Original post by prospective_grad
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 38 week contract is a major issue for PG's, because the summer is solely independent with dissertation writing. By the time the 38 week contract ends, the exams and lectures will have finished.

Personally, I plan on moving back home after the 38 week contract ends and submit my dissertation the following September.

I'm not sure it's necessary to stay in London throughout the summer months during my dissertation writing. I could contact lecturers via e-mail if needed.

Of course, circumstances differ depending on the degree and the individual.

Yeah that's a good point. It's probably not completely necessary but you might want to use the libraries and maybe have access to the London archives if you're doing an historical dissertation. If not, then that could definitely work!
Reply 242
Original post by tingeloise
Hi guys, I have just received a conditional offer for Human Resource & Organisation!
Need to send them proof of degree & transcript though... does it mean that the offer will change to unconditional automatically once they have received my documents/proof?
Thanks!

yeah it will do. Have you completed your undergraduate degree?
Original post by Tom_N5
yeah it will do. Have you completed your undergraduate degree?

Hi Tom, thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes several years ago actually, and met the minimum 2:1 requirement.
Reply 244
Hi Tom, thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes several years ago actually, and met the minimum 2:1 requirement.

Ok - your offer should change to unconditional once they receive your official transcript (if its got your final grade and date of award on it then it counts as proof of degree as well)
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
It means that you are pretty much guaranteed to get accepted for your second choice programme, and you can enrol on that one instead. LSE is so bloated with MSc programmes, you can take the same set of courses under multiple degree titles, hence them not going to care it's the first choice degree title in your statement.

Thank you so much , this is reassuring. Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by ggggg123
Hiiiiiii everyone - just popping in to say I received an offer for MSc Political Economy of Late Development (seems there are a few of us!). But I won't be accepting it!

I applied a while back - but rejected from first choice on 10 December. So pretty much exactly two months.

Congrats :smile: but why won't you be accepting the offer?
Reply 248
Is there anyone else who applied to the European Institute? I applied 19.1 but only got my ID on the 4th - I am already absolutely terrible at waiting. I'm hoping based on a few friends who studied there that it won't take as much as 8 weeks...
In really worried! One of my references has just changed from copy received to passed check, six weeks later! Is this a rejection :frown:
Copy received mean they reiceived your letter. Passed check mean they are qualified for recruiter to look. Both of my references changed to passed check and at week 8 i got my offer. Dont worry
Reply 251
Original post by ggggg123
Lol alright mate. Had it occurred to you I've thought this through and made the best decision for me?

haha that had occured to me! i'm just having a laugh - good luck at cambridge
Reply 252
Hello LSE applicants!

Today I could no longer wait to know the outcome of my application. So I contacted graduate admissions, I was told that a decision has been made but it needs to be authorised and processed! I'm confused as I thought decision are supposed to be shown automatically on tracker. Bad news guys or just standard procedure?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ri_Alex
Hello LSE applicants!

Today I could no longer wait to know the outcome of my application. So I contacted graduate admissions, I was told that a decision has been made but it needs to be authorised and processed! I'm confused as I thought decision are supposed to be shown automatically on tracker. Bad news guys or just standard procedure?

Nothing to worry! Standard procedure I believe. All the best :smile:
Just got my offer for Economy, Risk and Society last week after about 11 weeks (I received the complete application email 26th of November). So to those of you who haven't heard back - don't worry, it can take a while. Though if we don't count the winter holidays I suppose it's a bit less than the 11 weeks.
Any other Economy, Risk and Society offer holders? :smile:
Reply 255
Just got an unconditional offer for MSc Public Management and Governance.

I submitted my application on January 5th, last reference came in on January 15th, and my application was acknowledged as complete on Feb 2nd.

Now on to the issue of funding...

Any others here who are gunning for the same program? :smile:
Original post by micological
Just got an unconditional offer for MSc Public Management and Governance.

I submitted my application on January 5th, last reference came in on January 15th, and my application was acknowledged as complete on Feb 2nd.

Now on to the issue of funding...

Any others here who are gunning for the same program? :smile:

Woah, this is like getting an offer in less than 2 weeks. Congratulation!!
Original post by madmax06

Now, I'm feeling depressed. I have applyed on 20th january and didn't hear anything back. :frown:

But congrats! I hope we can be colleagues in the next year!
Thanks!

Just received my conditional offer for Human Resource & Organisation as well! =D

Congrats!!

All the best to all still waiting!!
Reply 259
Original post by madmax06

Thanks, madmax! I was very surprised at the quick turnaround time, too. I wasn't expecting to hear from them until March, basing on what people have been posting here on this thread. But anyway, I'm not complaining! :tongue:

I read somewhere here - you're applying for Social Policy, right?

Original post by mmazioli
Now, I'm feeling depressed. I have applyed on 20th january and didn't hear anything back. :frown:

But congrats! I hope we can be colleagues in the next year!

Thanks also, mmazioli! I hope we see each other there, too! May I ask which program/s you are applying for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending