Viel Glück

Yeah. You'd think things like these don't happen at LSE. :biggrin:

Thanks. Good luck to you too!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 61
Original post by starzain
I applied for Econ History. How about you?

I also applied for economic history - didn't get my ID until 7th Jan though. For some reason my LSE for You account doesn't have the prospective student section so i can't track my application or apply for funding yet!
Got an offer today!
Reply 63
Original post by Tom_N5
I also applied for economic history - didn't get my ID until 7th Jan though. For some reason my LSE for You account doesn't have the prospective student section so i can't track my application or apply for funding yet!

Hey, I also applied for Msc econ history (taught). Pretty nervous about it.
Original post by PostGrad221
Got an offer today!

Congrats! When have you applied?

I'm curious because I received an Unofficial offer from the programme director on monday, but the deposit deadline for my second choice course is about to expire and I haven't received an official offer from the Lse Graduate Office yet...
Reply 65
Has anyone got offer from Social Policy Department?
Reply 66
Original post by Gwei_Lo
Hey, I also applied for Msc econ history (taught). Pretty nervous about it.

Hey - good luck! When did you receive your LSE ID?
Reply 67
Original post by Tom_N5
Hey - good luck! When did you receive your LSE ID?

Hey, I haven't received my ID yet still waiting around, should get it in the next few days. What did you talk about in your PS and how long was it, if you don't mind me asking :smile: Good luck also!
Reply 68
Original post by Gwei_Lo
Hey, I haven't received my ID yet still waiting around, should get it in the next few days. What did you talk about in your PS and how long was it, if you don't mind me asking :smile: Good luck also!

I mainly spoke about my academic interests and tried to relate them as much as possible to the course content + I talked about my dissertation and various vaguely relevant 'experiences'
Also spoke generally about a possible dissertation topic - although I applied for the research track MSc as my first choice so they probably expect the PS to be more specific for that. Can't remember the exact length it came to in the end but I think it was something like 1200/300.
What did you mention in yours?
Original post by CandyMaker
Congrats! When have you applied?

I'm curious because I received an Unofficial offer from the programme director on monday, but the deposit deadline for my second choice course is about to expire and I haven't received an official offer from the Lse Graduate Office yet...

Mid-November. Department of Government.
Hi, I am from India. I have applied for the msc financial mathematics course. Its been 5 weeks now..has anyone else applied for this course?
Reply 71
Original post by Tom_N5
I mainly spoke about my academic interests and tried to relate them as much as possible to the course content + I talked about my dissertation and various vaguely relevant 'experiences'
Also spoke generally about a possible dissertation topic - although I applied for the research track MSc as my first choice so they probably expect the PS to be more specific for that. Can't remember the exact length it came to in the end but I think it was something like 1200/300.
What did you mention in yours?

Ye, I pretty much did the same what I was interested, however I'm not doing a dissertation and instead just spoke about my economic history modules. However my PS is alot shorter than yours, one side of A4 to be exact. Risky hahaha.
Got a conditional offer for MSc Finance on the 14th of January:-)
Original post by weiliang139
Got a conditional offer for MSc Finance on the 14th of January:-)

gratz, did you get any funding?
Reply 74
Original post by ce0850
You sound far more qualified and experienced than me so I am sure your offer will be on the way soon. Let me know how it goes and hopefully see you in September!

I received an unconditional offer today for Theory and History of International Relations. I am actually so over the moon, words cannot even begin to describe it! It turns out your prediction came true
Reply 75
Original post by Xyris
I received an unconditional offer today for Theory and History of International Relations. I am actually so over the moon, words cannot even begin to describe it! It turns out your prediction came true

Congratulations - I'm thrilled for you! Looking forward to seeing you in a few months :biggrin:
Original post by Xyris

LSE has always been my dream school. It's hard to believe that we'll be students there in a few months time, if all goes as planned.
Reply 77
Original post by Gwei_Lo
Ye, I pretty much did the same what I was interested, however I'm not doing a dissertation and instead just spoke about my economic history modules. However my PS is alot shorter than yours, one side of A4 to be exact. Risky hahaha.

yeah that should be fine - i dont think they'll be too bothered about the technicalities! Yeah my dissertation is coded as a history module but its on an economic history topic - did you do economics at undergraduate?
Original post by ShiddyDeltaHej
gratz, did you get any funding?

Thanks:biggrin: nope, I applied for the GSS only after I got the offer. This is because I need a larger amount of funding:/
Reply 79
Original post by Tom_N5
yeah that should be fine - i dont think they'll be too bothered about the technicalities! Yeah my dissertation is coded as a history module but its on an economic history topic - did you do economics at undergraduate?

Ye, well I'm currently in my last year at York, I just chose to do economic history modules, where abouts are you? I'm like totally bricking it hahaha not feeling confident at all with LSE only got 65 in second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending