The Student Room Group

Donald Trump's first TV ad touts Muslim ban

Poll

Would/Will you vote for Mr Trump?

Below is a link to Donald Trump's Advert to ban muslims and build a barrier southern America.

Do you agree?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35227399

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can only assume his candidacy is the result of some sort of drunken bet.
I just saw it on YouTube, it's.......... very eh.
It's real? It's actually real?

I thought it was a spoof.
Original post by JUST2VIEWPOSTS
It's real? It's actually real?

I thought it was a spoof.

Me too, I watched it on the "Wall Street Journal" YouTube and was laughing the whole time. Apparently the man is spending 2 million a week to advertise this pseudo action film advert.
Reply 5
Original post by BLUChaosBear
Me too, I watched it on the "Wall Street Journal" YouTube and was laughing the whole time. Apparently the man is spending 2 million a week to advertise this pseudo action film advert.

He also stole the footage used in the film. The scene of the Mexican border is actually from Morocco.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Remember the days when US presidents were educated?
If this had been released last year, I would have guessed this video was made by The Onion.
Original post by whorace
Remember the days when US presidents were educated?

Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania or is that not enough?
Reply 9
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania or is that not enough?

Names. He got nothing out of it
Very short advert. He could have included more of his future plans for the US.
Original post by whorace
Names. He got nothing out of it

He has a BSc in Economics.
bad idea making results public. You won't get proper results.
Reply 13

Lots of rich kids in America get into "elite" colleges when their dads "donate" a bucket load of cash to the college. They are called legacy students. A good example is George W Bush.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
He has a BSc in Economics.

Never heard him speak about economics but it's probably just bs anyway
"Let's make America great again." is really saying let's make America dominate again. Trump's surprising level of support makes more sense when you understand that his supporters want America to dominate again. Many of those who find him appalling are those who regard an actively dominate U.S. to be a bad thing.

Dismissing every Trump supporter as an ignorant, angry, racist is a gross miscalculation. There are plenty of informed citizens who recognize voting for him to be a calculated risk. If elected president, his brash but decisive behavior may be catastrophic to international relations. His brash but decisive behavior may also be capable of changing the tide a bit. What if the United States had a president who leveraged all of its' economic, military, and political influence without shame. Treaties, and agreements would built on negotiations from a position of power as opposed to appeasement. Such an arrangement could benefit American citizens, even if it doesn't suit your particular ideology.
Original post by ckingalt
"Let's make America great again." is really saying let's make America dominate again. Trump's surprising level of support makes more sense when you understand that his supporters want America to dominate again. Many of those who find him appalling are those who regard an actively dominate U.S. to be a bad thing.

Dismissing every Trump supporter as an ignorant, angry, racist is a gross miscalculation. There are plenty of informed citizens who recognize voting for him to be a calculated risk. If elected president, his brash but decisive behavior may be catastrophic to international relations. His brash but decisive behavior may also be capable of changing the tide a bit. What if the United States had a president who leveraged all of its' economic, military, and political influence without shame. Treaties, and agreements would built on negotiations from a position of power as opposed to appeasement. Such an arrangement could benefit American citizens, even if it doesn't suit your particular ideology.

But surely if you leverage all of your power... that just leads to resentment. As we have already seen; which is largely why we have to watch out for 'terrorists' bombing us. Then, catastrophic international policy = massively increased chance of war.
I wanted to laugh when that video said "...and take their oil".
Really not the sort of guy that should ever be a world leader.
He is just too funny sometimes.
Reply 18
Original post by ckingalt

I don't think Trump's level of support is surprising. There are a lot of angry white middle age and middle class men in America who are scared that their status in jobs, influence and getting women are under threat from none whites and especially immigrants.

They see Trump as the only one battling for them and feel other candidates are less for them and more for those they are threaten by. The only problem is Trump is all words and no action. If Trump did get into power, he has to compromise to get anything done and his supporters are under the impression America should be able to steam roller any obstacles and obviously they can't. For example, America needs Islamic states like Saudia Arabia and Turkey to share intelligence to fight Islamic terrorists that would attack America but would they be very happy to do that?

China has over a trillion dollars of American debt that it could use to make things difficult for America like dump it and damage the American economy.
1) He never said ban all Muslims. Just ones from places like Syria and Saudi Arabia.He did not mean individual Muslims.

2) Most people agreed with it, privately.

3) The outrage was completely fake. Especially from the SNP.

4) reduce illegal immigration from drug cartels. Why would anyone be against that ?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending