The Student Room Group

Should I stay or should I goooo

Last year I messed up my A2 exams due to family issues and mental health issues too. I was omw to studying at Warwick, predicted A*AA cos for AS I got AAA but ended up missing some exams and and messing up my exams resulting in me getting CDE. My gut instinct was to retake but I had an unconditional offer for the university of birmingham to do the same course. After asking lots of people they all told me to go Birmingham as it is a Russell Group and not too bad. I am here now and the whole a level thing hangs over me, I've messed up the first semester feel like dropping out and retaking my a levels either reapplying now with the UCAS deadline in like 10 days or maybe next year have a lil gap yah idk it's all a bit mad any advice ? Should I stay and try and pass this year? Or redo my a levels or ask for a study leave due to mental health concerns idk idk
It doesn't sound like you're having fun at the university anyway so I would advise you to resit your A-levels. CDE isn't going to work in your favor when you're applying for internships/jobs where you're in competition with people who got the A*'s and the A's. Instead of being rejected from internships or whatever you might as well do your A-levels now. One year behind isn't that big of a deal, but imagine experiencing a dead end in your last year year of university? You're pretty much setting yourself up for disappointment and the whole university experience would be pretty much pointless. You're AS/ predicted grades are literally wow, you can do it:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending