Type of programme: SW

Division: S&T

Banks applied to: All bar BAML,DB and RBC

University: Non-target

Degree subject: Economics

A-level grades: AAB

Extracurriculars: Football, FX Sector Head in trading soc, volunteering

First rounds recieved: J.P. Morgan, CS, Barclays

Offers/Rejections recieved: CS Offer (accepted)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Type of programme: Summer Analyst
Division: Equity Research, (Alternatives)
Banks applied to: UBS, CS, GS, MS, BAML, JPM, (BlackRock)
University: Target in mainland Europe
A-level grades: International student (ca. 95th percentile at A-Level equivalents)
Spring weeks: Nope screwed the interviews up royally
Extracurriculars: Research assistant, board member of trading club, project manager at a student-run business consultancy
First rounds received: UBS, CS, JPM, GS, (BlackRock)
Offers/Rejections recieved: Offers: CS, BR Rejections: JPM, UBS Awaiting after 2nd round: GS
(edited 8 years ago)
Banks applied to: so many many
University: Oxford
Degree subject: Fine art
A-level grades: A*A*A*A
Extracurriculars: swimming,piano,flute,harp, captain of netball team..etc...etc..
First rounds received: CS, UBS, GS, JPm, Barclays, citi, BNP, HSBC, MS
Rejections: none yet
Type of programme: Summer
Division: AM and Research
Banks applied to: ~15
University: Target
Degree subject: Electrical Engineering
A-level grades: AAAAB
Extracurriculars: Fintech Campus Ambassador,Trading, Volunteering, Financial writing
First rounds received: Schroders, BlackRock, BNP, RBC, State Street, T. Rowe Price
Offers: BNP, Goldman (Spring)
Rejections: RBC, BlackRock, UBS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chloe573k
Extracurriculars: swimming,piano,flute,harp, captain of netball team..etc...etc..

woah crazy, how did you get so many ints??
Original post by groovyd97
woah crazy, how did you get so many ints??

I think it's because the banks really like that I'm studying art, a subject completely irrelevant and I have this interest in trading. I guess oxford and my A-levels also help quite nicely (Or maybe they have just got bored of the typical economics students haha )
Division: Investment Banking
Banks applied to: UBS, CS, GS, MS, JPM, Blackrock, HSBC
University: UCL
Degree subject: Computer Science
A-level grades: A*A*A
Extracurriculars: CBA to list
First rounds received: HSBC
Offers/Rejections received: Most rejection :'(
Original post by Alleyezonme
Division: Investment Banking
Banks applied to: UBS, CS, GS, MS, JPM, Blackrock, HSBC
University: UCL
Degree subject: Computer Science
A-level grades: A*A*A
Extracurriculars: CBA to list
Offers/Rejections received: Most rejection :'(

You should have applied to all of them..

Are you doing an integrated master's? If you aren't, spruce up your profile a bit for summers and CHURN through the applications, it's a numbers game dude.

Would probably highlight the applicability of your CS degree to covering TMT companies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Are you doing an integrated master's? If you aren't, spruce up your profile a bit for summers and CHURN through the applications, it's a numbers game dude.

Would probably highlight the applicability of your CS degree to covering TMT companies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am doing an integrated masters! I applied to those and probably 2 more. The applications are really long :frown: I hope I just get through HSBC to gain experience. I am a second year student.

EDIT: I applied to IBD
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alleyezonme
Yeah I am doing an integrated masters! I applied to those and probably 2 more. The applications are really long :frown: I hope I just get through HSBC to gain experience. I am a second year student.

EDIT: I applied to IBD

Ah, right so you've applied at the right time. I thought you were attempting to apply as a first year.

Well there were about 15 SWs to apply to, so you didn't really stretch it that far tbh. And yeah, they are, but much of it is copy + paste. You need to tailor portions of your CLs/questions to the firm you're applying to but really, it shouldn't be that hard to recycle content. I'd be happy to take a look at your CV/CL (I'm not applying for SWs this year, only next year if that's a concern) if you want?

As I said, spruce up your profile a bit (leadership positions, volunteering, networking etc the usual) and aim for applying to as many summers as you can end of this year. Including ALL of the elite boutiques. Yeah, within IBD, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms) is an idustry coverage group where your degree would be highly applicable so definitely try to link those.
Ah, right so you've applied at the right time. I thought you were attempting to apply as a first year.

Well there were about 15 SWs to apply to, so you didn't really stretch it that far tbh. And yeah, they are, but much of it is copy + paste. You need to tailor portions of your CLs/questions to the firm you're applying to but really, it shouldn't be that hard to recycle content. I'd be happy to take a look at your CV/CL (I'm not applying for SWs this year, only next year if that's a concern) if you want?

As I said, spruce up your profile a bit (leadership positions, volunteering, networking etc the usual) and aim for applying to as many summers as you can end of this year. Including ALL of the elite boutiques. Yeah, within IBD, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms) is an idustry coverage group where your degree would be highly applicable so definitely try to link those.

I really appreciate your advice! I was tailoring all my applications and it took a lot of time. I will send you a PM of my CV and cover letter in a few mins so you can have a look. Just to warn you, it isn't great aha!

What are you studying and where? You seem to know a lot about the application process :smile: !

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

read this as "Credit Suisse Degree", ahah.. too many applications playing on my mind
Original post by Damhuis95
read this as "Credit Suisse Degree", ahah.. too many applications playing on my mind

ditto :biggrin: was thinking I missed out on an opportunity here :colonhash:
Original post by cathrg26
ditto :biggrin: was thinking I missed out on an opportunity here :colonhash:

Original post by Damhuis95

Loooooooooool, nice one guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Chloe573k

Congrats on getting so many interviews! When did you receive your GS interview? I've only seen them giving out tech ones so far (I applied to IMD)
Reply 35
Division: Asset Management & Markets
Banks applied to: 14 (not Lazard, Rothschild, RBS, HSBC)
University: Target
Extracurriculars: Finance societies (on committee of one), cultural societies, volunteering, football
First rounds received: Barclays, BNPP, UBS, Morgan Stanley
Offers: BAML, Deutsche (AWM, declined), Credit Suisse
Rejections: JP Morgan Asset Management
Division: IBD
Banks applied to:BAML, Barclays, Citi, CS, JPM, MS, HSBC, Rothschild, UBS, Nomura
University: Non-target
Degree subject: Chemical Engineering (2nd yr - achieved 1st in 1st yr)
A-level grades:A*A*A (but also have AAA in different subjects at AS Level not continued to A2 & an A* in EPQ)
Extra-curricular:Rowing, IB Society, PASS Leader, World Challenge, PwC PDE Course, PT Job in Bar, PT Job in Retail Store
Offers/Rejections rejected: All other applications still under review
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by m.gm24

Offers/Rejections recieved: Offers: CS, BR Rejections: JPM, UBS Awaiting after 2nd round: GS

Did you hear back from GS since your second round? I had my second round at the end of November too.
Reply 38
Original post by mrodolfo
Did you hear back from GS since your second round? I had my second round at the end of November too.

Nope, not yet. Which division did you have it for?
Reply 39
Original post by m.gm24
Nope, not yet. Which division did you have it for?

Equity research. I had my last three interviews on November 18th, which was the second, and I assumed last round. I didn't hear back for two weeks at least then on the 7th December they called me at 6pm saying that I should have a call with one of the coordinators of the GIR recruitment (HR) the next morning at 8am. I had the call which was only about 20 minutes but that's as much as has happened so far. A friend told me that they might not get back until they have done all interviews and I think applications only closed this week. Still a bit frustrating to have to wait so long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending