The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Have I made the right decision?

Basically, I have just returned to University for my second term, and after having a horrible experience during my first term having to move accommodation, I am feeling a little anxious about being back.

The thing is I love my course but I just feel positively miserable in terms of ;uni life'!. I am in a relationship and we have been together for 4 years and I just feel I sometimes would just give it all up so we can already start our lives together. But other days I have a clear head and I know why I'm here: get a degree, get a good job and have a happy life with my partner. But is 3 years of misery worth it?

I need some advice!
Reply 1
Just think of the future, and whether you'd regret the decision you make in four years' time.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Alexion
Just think of the future, and whether you'd regret the decision you make in four years' time.

And the answer to that would probably be yes, it's such a catch 22!
Original post by jmjackson96
Basically, I have just returned to University for my second term, and after having a horrible experience during my first term having to move accommodation, I am feeling a little anxious about being back.

The thing is I love my course but I just feel positively miserable in terms of ;uni life'!. I am in a relationship and we have been together for 4 years and I just feel I sometimes would just give it all up so we can already start our lives together. But other days I have a clear head and I know why I'm here: get a degree, get a good job and have a happy life with my partner. But is 3 years of misery worth it?

I need some advice!

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having a great time so far this term.

There are good support networks available at the University to help you out, including your college welfare team and academic supervisor. - you're not on your own. You can also contact Nightline (run by students) or the Open Door Team - they both offer impartial and confidential advice and guidance to students on campus.

I hope that helps,

Helen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending