The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation 16/17

Hi,
Is anyone applying for foundation this year? And if you're already doing foundation what was the interview like? Any portfolio advices?
Hello, I am doing Foundation at CSM at the moment (Graphic Communication Pathway) and I have to say it's tough, but you'll definitely love it. They give you weekly projects for Part 1 and 2 and for Part 3 (which is the stage i'm at) is a project which you write for yourself. It could get really stressful at times, because of the nature of the course (fast paced and intensive) but you'll meet lots of amazing artists and designers and get to use an amazing library for research.

For your portfolio, put a wide range of pieces - they don't like looking at pieces which are limited in media (for example putting 20 images of paintings). Make sure to include some pages of how you work - the process and the realisation of the project are important!

The interview is pretty chilled - you just go into the room and put down your portfolio. They look at it, and you might get an interview. If your work speaks for itself, you might just get an offer straight after! :smile:

Best of Luck with your application!!! x
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by virginiamyw
Hello, I am doing Foundation at CSM at the moment (Graphic Communication Pathway) and I have to say it's tough, but you'll definitely love it. They give you weekly projects for Part 1 and 2 and for Part 3 (which is the stage i'm at) is a project which you write for yourself. It could get really stressful at times, because of the nature of the course (fast paced and intensive) but you'll meet lots of amazing artists and designers and get to use an amazing library for research.

For your portfolio, put a wide range of pieces - they don't like looking at pieces which are limited in media (for example putting 20 images of paintings). Make sure to include some pages of how you work - the process and the realisation of the project are important!

The interview is pretty chilled - you just go into the room and put down your portfolio. They look at it, and you might get an interview. If your work speaks for itself, you might just get an offer straight after! :smile:

Best of Luck with your application!!! x

I thought you just have to leave your portfolio at am and collect it later in the afternoon? Do they go through your portfolio infront of you?
Original post by rur13
I thought you just have to leave your portfolio at am and collect it later in the afternoon? Do they go through your portfolio infront of you?

well for me they gave me an interview after looking at my stuff. And no, they don't do it in front of you, they ask u to leave the room for 15 minutes and then you go back to collect it / have an interview. but i guess it's different for each year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending