The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Just over a week to the UCAS deadline! Last minute hints and tips!

I hope you all had a great holiday and are now back into the swing of things!

The deadline for UCAS Undergraduate degree applications is 15 January. It doesn't leave a huge amount of time but if you have yet to start or complete yours, don't panic - you can still submit a winning application.

To help you with this below is a link to some top tips from our website for writing that all important personal statement:

Application tips

I hope you find the information there useful. If you have any questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

PAUL
Reply 1
Hi I would like to know which healthcare courses are likely to come up in clearing
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Tip 1) Don't apply for Uni of Bradford.

Tip 2) Apply for Liverpool.
Original post by widx
Hi I would like to know which healthcare courses are likely to come up in clearing

Hi,

I'm sorry but we are not yet able to confirm which courses will be going into Clearing.

PAUL
Reply 4
It's just that I originally applied for one choice at a different university for speech and language therapy but didn't get in so am hoping to get in to clearing as in extra there is no courses I want to go into.

Any advice would be helpful
Although they will not know how many spaces they need to fill on the day, any number of mid ranking but perfectly respectable universities rely on clearing. Do your homework, what courses float your boat, where would you like/be prepared to study, where is in your likely points band? Give the departments a ring, have a chat about the art of the possible, maybe - indeed preferably - go for a look at your favourite(s); and get them on speed dial.

Most people go into Clearing in a flat panic. The man with a plan usually comes out on top.
You need to be getting your results and hitting the phones to your chosen option(s), assuming they are shown in clearing, as soon as the phones open - while everyone else is still running round like headless chickens.

Best of luck.
Reply 6
Thank you really appreciate the advice :smile:
We will be publishing guidance on how to get the best out of clearing soon. In the meantime the best advice I can give you is to approach it all as calmly as possible. Do your research and plan how you approach any calls you make to universities. You should also make sure that you have your results with you when you ring. This might seem obvious but some applicants do get into a bit of a panic and neglect to do this.

PAUL
Reply 8
Great thanx Paul I am cocentrating on getting the grades and will prepare for clearing
Original post by widx
Great thanx Paul I am cocentrating on getting the grades and will prepare for clearing

Good luck with it all!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending