The Student Room Group

Exams timetabled to accommodate Ramadan.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Rumpelforeskin
I don't get it, why can't practising Muslims just take their exams at another time, why does our school system have to bend over to make it better for them?

Do the other children have any say in this?

The Joint Council for Qualifications said many core exams had been set for before Ramadan starts on 6 June, but there had been no large scale changes.
Reply 21
Original post by Coerce
Go make a petition... :smile:
Oh and tell me do you Hindus have a fasting period near to exam season: Oh.

Unlike other religions, mine doesn't force me to do a fast. Those, like myself, do. Others, like my brothers, don't.

But yes, almost every other day has something... Thank you!
Original post by Rumpelforeskin
I don't get it, why can't practising Muslims just take their exams at another time, why does our school system have to bend over to make it better for them?

Do the other children have any say in this?

That would just make the system so much more insecure with exam papers and leaks
Reply 23
Original post by Student403
But who sits Jan exams? People who a) didn't do gr8 in their June exams or b) people who want to get their exams out of the way for their own benefit, right? ;o

Yeah - i thought they were compulsory in some schools :/
Original post by z33
Yeah - i thought they were compulsory in some schools :/

AH - wasn't aware of that!
To be fair, we get time off at Christmas because of the Christian festival
Original post by Student403
That would just make the system so much more insecure with exam papers and leaks

I'm sure something can be done about that.
Reply 27
Also OP it's *RamadaN not RamadaM

Arabic pronunciation - Rumdhaan :wink:
Original post by mechanicsonejune
Just don't fast then - Why should I have to alter my way of life for the sake of your religion where you're doing self-destructive fasting for no good reason?

haha
Reply 29
Original post by spv
Unlike other religions, mine doesn't force me to do a fast. Those, like myself, do. Others, like my brothers, don't.

But yes, almost every other day has something... Thank you!

You can't change the religion so I guess you'll just have to live with the fact Muslims nationwide are being forced against there will! Your welcome :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by EastGuava
Ramadan needs to be timetabled to accommodate the exam period :colone:

cheeky :colonhash:
Reply 31
Original post by EastGuava
Ramadan needs to be timetabled to accommodate the exam period :colone:

it moves back 10 days every year ...

Spoiler

Reply 32
Yes because it is totally in our best interests as a nation to have millions of Muslim kids underperform in their exams because they are fasting :rolleyes: it isn't like they have completely rearranged the year, this is a minor change to make things easier on a large section of the population. It shouldnt be impacting anyone negatively, it really is not that big a deal.
That's very considerate of them. Just so long everyone can agree on it, there shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 34
Original post by Coerce
You can't change the religion so I guess you'll just have to live with the fact Muslims nationwide are being forced against there will! Your welcome :smile:

Their*

The education system has already been set, just like the religion is already set. Using your logic then, you can conclude that neither are changing. Yet, you accept that the educational system that has already been set in place has to change just to suit some people?

You're** Welcome
Original post by z33
well tbf they DID have those Jan exams... requiring revision over the Christmas period #justsayin

Not like they had any other beneficial activity to do other than revise, like Church, for example.
Some slight changes in the dates of core exams doesn't mean Islam is taking over Britain.

Although such a story will mean the Internet is taken over with outrage.
Why should the majority have to piss around because a few people are stupid enough to not eat for extended periods of time?
Reply 38
Who cares. You nerds to get a life
Oh it's just the exam boards being considerate. I think you're looking too much into it mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending