The Student Room Group

weird looks when singing in church feel embarassed?

I attend every sunday my local small parish church. I have started to notice that other members of the very tiny congregation that never ever numbers more than about 15, are giving me weird looks when I am singing during the hymn part. I have really started to feel embarrased by this, I have started to think whether it is the way I am singing, I am a woman and I prefer to sing in a quiet operatic voice as that is how I like to sing and like my voice to sound. I think that is why maybe I get these weird looks from other people in the church, do you think I should change my tone of voice to perhaps a no opera tone, or carry on in the current opera tone.? any help please, any church people prefably?
Original post by erika foster
I attend every sunday my local small parish church. I have started to notice that other members of the very tiny congregation that never ever numbers more than about 15, are giving me weird looks when I am singing during the hymn part. I have really started to feel embarrased by this, I have started to think whether it is the way I am singing, I am a woman and I prefer to sing in a quiet operatic voice as that is how I like to sing and like my voice to sound. I think that is why maybe I get these weird looks from other people in the church, do you think I should change my tone of voice to perhaps a no opera tone, or carry on in the current opera tone.? any help please, any church people prefably?

One member of our family turns up, sings loudly, then (in one verse) sings a descant.
I used to hate it.
Now I feel it's a bit boring when he doesn't come.

Another person I know sings in a really posh choir (BIG name) and everyone stares at her in church.
Because she sings so well, not like the rest of us normal boring louts.

So...
go.
Go more often.
Sing more loudly.
Sing more beautifully.

Let them stare.

Life is beautiful and so is singing.

Joy is good:clap2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending