The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
There is but I can't tell you how much it is as I'm not studying at Notts yet lol!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
expensive just go swimming or use the sports hall.
Reply 3
there's a sports centre that costs about £131 this whole year but they're looking to make the price go down. as you probably won't be going to the gym everyday i guess it's just best to pay as you use.

there's a small gym in cripps hall as well.
January Victim
there's a sports centre that costs about £131 this whole year but they're looking to make the price go down. as you probably won't be going to the gym everyday i guess it's just best to pay as you use.

there's a small gym in cripps hall as well.

Hopefully the price will go down by the time I get there.

Is the gym nice, though? Is the price worth the quality of the equipment, the pool, etc?
Reply 5
i just paid the £44 joining fee and pay £2.60 off peak when i use the gym. its £3.20 PAYG peak time. Swimming is cheaper but not sure how much, the pool is really nice though, and the changing rooms etc are clean!

Gym equipment is pretty standard, not very modern but it tends to have at least one of all the machines, and lots of treadmills and cross trainers and rowers, and a fairly big free weights room.
Reply 6
Once you pay your £44 the pool costs £1.50 and doing stuff in the sports hall is £1 i.e. squash, badminton etc. If you dont pay the £44 its £4.50 each time you go and you have to go with a member.
Aye, that sounds like a pretty good fee.
Reply 8
where in the gym located? I would have lectures in jubilee but planning to stay on Uinversity Park campus - is the gym nearby?
Reply 9
the gym is really easy accessible, kinda near west entrance but further along. if you think its far the hopper bus stops there, but really if youre going to the gym in the first place you wont be lazy enough to need a bus :p:
Reply 10
yeha, but its those small thingas that can tip the decision. I'm going to be studying Management, not sure whether to choose jubilee, or UP due all the major activities taking place there (student union, shops, etc) + beautiful surroundings.
Reply 11
.jen.
the gym is really easy accessible, kinda near west entrance but further along. if you think its far the hopper bus stops there, but really if youre going to the gym in the first place you wont be lazy enough to need a bus :p:

also, how has management studies been for you? Everything as you exprected?
Reply 12
i'd def choose uni park (well, i did!) i dont necessarily get on with lots and lots of ppl in my hall but i wouldnt swap it for jubilee. its nice to have the gym, shops, lots of ppl around etc. :smile:

management has been great! really enjoy the course and most lecturers are good. chris barnett is fab!
Have a look here . There are the current prices for joining the sports centre, which you have to do to be able to use any of the facilities. If you then click on the 'pay per visit' bit for the fitness centre that tells you more about the prices for the gym etc. But like someone has said, I think they are look at decreasing the price (it is quite expensive compared to a lot of unis at the moment). Don't know how much or when they will decrease it though.
Reply 14
you dont want to be using the ****ty uni gym. get down raw in lenton, thats what its all about. no messing about. although if youre female you might want to think twice about setting foot in this holiest of holy places. its sacred.

Latest

Trending

Trending