The Student Room Group

Cambridge Decisions 2016 - info and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Say I get pooled to a college which does not email on the 12th to UK applicants, will my preference college inform me of the decision by email or not (as it is my preference College's policy to email UK applicants on the 12th)?
Reply 61
Original post by DesignPredator
Say I get pooled to a college which does not email on the 12th to UK applicants, will my preference college inform me of the decision by email or not (as it is my preference College's policy to email UK applicants on the 12th)?

If you are in the UK there's a 90%+ chance you'll get the letter in the post on the 12th.
Reply 62
Original post by jneill
I like the idea but we do also have the Stalking Site - which folks should update too :smile:

http://tom-s.co.uk/tsr/#stalkPeople

Uh oh - calling @Duskstar - looks like there's some trolling going on there... :frown:

Oh God that is properly messed up....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Oh God that is properly messed up....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trinity applicants seem to be the target of this trolling.
Reply 64

Oh I was wondering why these particular people were chosen. Didn't see their college choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
Oh I was wondering why these particular people were chosen. Didn't see their college choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Must be someone from St Johns 😂
Reply 66
Original post by jneill
I like the idea but we do also have the Stalking Site - which folks should update too :smile:

http://tom-s.co.uk/tsr/#stalkPeople

Uh oh - calling @Duskstar - looks like there's some trolling going on there... :frown:

which is part of the problem... :frown:

I agree it is a duplication of effort, but it is less corruptible on TSR. Plus TSR is where future students are more likely to search for information.

It seems to work well on CC. Of course, admissions there are SO much more of a black box.

Best of luck to everyone! Regardless of the outcome, I have enormous admiration for all of you young people. I feel certain you will all go on to do great things wherever you end up. :smile:
Original post by gsckmom
which is part of the problem... :frown:

I agree it is a duplication of effort, but it is less corruptible on TSR. Plus TSR is where future students are more likely to search for information.

It seems to work well on CC. Of course, admissions there are SO much more of a black box.

Best of luck to everyone! Regardless of the outcome, I have enormous admiration for all of you young people. I feel certain you will all go on to do great things wherever you end up. :smile:

Please let us know how things work out for your son! All the best to him
*post so I can see you all crying*

Whether they be happy or sad tears

Hopefully more happy than sad

Nobody changed Renzhi's tho.. suspicious
Original post by Number Nine

inb4 @Renzhi10122 = the troll xD
Original post by Number Nine

Original post by Student403
inb4 @Renzhi10122 = the troll xD

Lol, trust me, I got better things to do than this.
Original post by Renzhi10122

:rolleyes:
Original post by Renzhi10122

Like maths?
Original post by sztirmzi
Good Luck everyone! :smile:

@Duke Glacia I hope we both get an offer from Christ :colondollar:

Yup. Good Luck m8. Hope we can meet at Christs:u:
Reply 75
Who's applied to Selwyn?
Original post by jneill
First :smile:

Check this sheet to see when your college is likely to email decisions (and pls update it with any new info you have):
http://bit.ly/CambridgeDecisionEmail2016

Most (it should be all) colleges will be emailing decisions to non-UK applicants at some stage on the 12th. Some will also email UK decisions on the 12th.

UCAS Track *might* be updated sooner rather than later this year, but almost certainly you will hear from your college first.

And to see more about this year's Winter Pool, and last year's pool stats, look here:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/guide_to_the_winter_pool_for_applicants.pdf

It says on the spreadsheet that Pembroke applicants can request an email. Do I just need to email Pembroke and ask? Who do I ask specifically?
Also, it says applicants can REQUEST an email from the 12th... Does that mean I can't contact them before the 12th?

One more thing: when will Pembroke update track? For some reason I am unable to read that part of the spreadsheet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Posting here to not lose touch <3
Reply 78
Original post by gsckmom
If anyone decides to take this up, maybe add a section just below Course and College for Conditions...

---------------

[ size=4][ color=green][ b]Decision: Accepted

Protip: If you want to post code on TSR without having it render, enclose it in [noparse][noparse]x[/noparse][/noparse] tags.

E.g: x2=4x^2 = 4 v/s [noparse]x2=5x^2=5[/noparse]

Edit to add: I think having IB instead of AP in the qualifications section would be more appropriate. Not many people on TSR will be doing AP. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by maracatinca
Posting here to not lose touch <3

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending