Cambridge Decisions 2016 - info and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Messier31

Only seem to be able to remember the bad parts of my interviews :lol:

Same! I remember my entire interview!
Reply 81
Original post by Zacken
Protip: If you want to post code on TSR without having it render, enclose it in [noparse][noparse]x[/noparse][/noparse] tags.

E.g: x2=4x^2 = 4 v/s [noparse]x2=5x^2=5[/noparse]

Edit to add: I think having IB instead of AP in the qualifications section would be more appropriate. Not many people on TSR will be doing AP. :tongue:

Thanks for the tip!! I will fix and repost. More annoying, though is that the returns/paragraphs seem to get lost with a copy/paste... Any other pro-tips to share? :smile:

Although, I think the best way might be just to "reply" and then take it out of both the quote and the no parse brackets.

BTW: PROSOM :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Slowbro93
Me 5 years ago! (Gained an offer and STEP happened :tongue:)

Best of luck everyone! Whatever the decision, you are all brilliant for getting to this stage and it will be okay whatever happens :smile:

Whats going on brother. U know I know the feels ygm. ****ed up step, better not happen again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by gsckmom
Thanks for the tip!! I will fix and repost. More annoying, though is that the returns/paragraphs seem to get lost with a copy/paste... Any other pro-tips to share? :smile:

Well, if you're going to fix it - I recommend pasting it into a word document/notepad and doing:

Find: "[ " (with the space) and then replace: "[" without the space
Repeat for " ]". Manually is far too much work! :smile:

I've got no idea about the copy/paste sorry.
Reply 84
Template:

[noparse]
Decision: Accepted
Decision: Accepted from Pool
Decision: Rejected

Course:
College:
Conditions:

Demographics
Home or International (Home Country):
School Type:

Qualifications
GCSE Grades:
AS Subjects:
AS Grades:
AS Top 3 Average UMS:
A2 Predictions:

Other Qualifications
IB (place score in parentheses):
Other:

Reflection
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Interview Assessment:
Why did you chose your college?
Where else did you apply?
If you were accepted, where was your second choice?
If you were rejected, which school is benefiting from Cambridge’s oversight?

General Comments & Advice
[/noparse]
Original post by Renzhi10122
Lol, trust me, I got better things to do than this.

U sure renzhi, u sure?? 😂.
U aint prepping for BMO2 are you haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by gsckmom
Template:

Looks perfect! Love the different colours for accepted/etc...

The way this worked on the STEP thread was that people would fill it out now (e.g course, college, strengths, etc...) and then would come back and edit the post to add "Accepted/Rejected" which sounds good to me because when you get the offer/rejection you're unlikely to sit down and type out everything immediately.

Just a thought! :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Zacken
Looks perfect! Love the different colours for accepted/etc...

The way this worked on the STEP thread was that people would fill it out now (e.g course, college, strengths, etc...) and then would come back and edit the post to add "Accepted/Rejected" which sounds good to me because when you get the offer/rejection you're unlikely to sit down and type out everything immediately.

Just a thought! :smile:

Great idea! Also gives people something to do while they are killing time. :smile:

Care to be the trendsetter? :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
[noparse]Decision: Accepted
Decision: Accepted from Pool
Decision: Rejected[/noparse]

Course: Mathematics
College: King's
Conditions:

Demographics
International
School Type: Self-educated

Qualifications
GCSE Grades: 7A* 1A 2C
AS Subjects: Maths, Further Maths and Physics
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*

Other Qualifications
STEP: 2

Reflection
Strengths: Self-studied, lots of further reading in maths.
Weaknesses: No AS grades, bad STEP grades.
Interview Assessment: Test went fairly okay, first interview was pretty good, got called for a second, went a chaotically.
Why did you chose your college? It looked grand and majestic and I felt right at home under it's beautiful arches, not to mention how Hogwarts-esque it felt like and that is just seemed so Cambridge-y.
Where else did you apply? Warwick, Imperial, UCL.
If you were accepted, where was your second choice? Warwick.
If you were rejected, which school is benefiting from Cambridge’s oversight? Warwick.

General Comments & Advice
Will edit in.
Reply 89
Original post by Zacken
x

Nice!

Although with MK IV just closing, it may get buried under 5 days of nervous banter as everyone heads over here. :wink:
Original post by physicsmaths
Whats going on brother. U know I know the feels ygm. ****ed up step, better not happen again

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing well! Currently on a holiday back in London and will be going back to Leeds on Monday. Today I gained my motivation for reading again and trying to think of new ways to approach my modelling in terms of cloud microphysics :smile:

How's the gap year treating you? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by gsckmom
Nice!

Although with MK IV just closing, it may get buried under 5 days of nervous banter as everyone heads over here. :wink:

Yeah, I realised - I thought we might have a no discussions thread like Oxford did, but alas - I shall just repost it on the day. :lol:

Edit: thank you for the template! @Minerva should put it in the OP.
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Strengths and weaknesses? :lol: weird heading
Reply 94
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, I realised - I thought we might have a no discussions thread like Oxford did, but alas - I shall just repost it on the day. :lol:

Have you met yourselves?
MK IV just closed. IV...
Reply 95
Original post by gsckmom
Have you met yourselves?
MK IV just closed. IV...

Sssshhhh. :lol:
Reply 96
Original post by Zacken

Best to have a separate thread - nothing to stop you from setting it up :smile: I'd leave it until nearer the time, though, and sticky it when done.
Reply 97
Original post by Platopus
It says on the spreadsheet that Pembroke applicants can request an email. Do I just need to email Pembroke and ask? Who do I ask specifically?
Also, it says applicants can REQUEST an email from the 12th... Does that mean I can't contact them before the 12th?

One more thing: when will Pembroke update track? For some reason I am unable to read that part of the spreadsheet.

I suggest you Email your admissions contact now, include your UCAS number.

We don't know when Track will actually update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Minerva
Best to have a separate thread - nothing to stop you from setting it up :smile: I'd leave it until nearer the time, though, and sticky it when done.

I'll make it now and bump it closer to the time, if you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 99
Thought I'd post this here as well:
Guys! I've made two collaborate playlists on spotify for d-day, one for rejection and one acceptance.I would love it if you added some songs for comfort/celebration! :biggrin:
Accepted:
http://open.spotify.com/user/hannabjo/playlist/01RQPU3je1y4JHWFaGYrIF
Rejected:
http://open.spotify.com/user/hannabjo/playlist/3Pe5HF2m9Udlz7vpaunLir

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending