The Student Room Group

St George's incoming class unite via facebook!

Hello all,

I have just created a facebook group for the incoming class of 2007, shortly to discover one was already in existance! And so i am here to promote the clearly better group :p: since theres no fun in simply joining forces!!! So for all those who are planning to go to st georges in september/october 07 and have a facebook account then please join the following group!

http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2308607808

And if you dont have a facebook account, the group is clearly enough reason to make one! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cringe
Lol the London school rivalry has started before we've got in :P But clearly George's is the finest in the land, 'cor blimey :P

.... either that, or digitalis has an unrivalled disgust for facebook lol. :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'd say imperial just pips it.....
Imperial? Bah :p:
Now Now everybody. Let's just do everyone a favour, hold hands, and sing the George's Song:

I don’t want to go to Mary’s
I don’t want to go to Bart’s
And they say the Royal Free, is not the place to be
And Tommie’s is a place for high-born fairies
UCL is a dump in central London
King’s is a hovel on the strand
I’d rather go to George’s,
Merry, Merry George’s
‘Cos George’s is the finest in the Land
‘Cor Blimey!
My gosh, medical schools becoming less public school by the day :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Since when has King's medical school been at the strand? :biggrin:
(I bet you that I've got it wrong and it is and I really ought to know better seeing that hopefully I'll be going there..:blush:)
Lol it's an old song, hence the absence of Imperial College from the song!
Hehe I was just by King's College Today, and St Thomas' Hospital. Went to see "Alice im Wunderland" by the german dept.
Reply 10
Philosoraptor
Hehe I was just by King's College Today, and St Thomas' Hospital. Went to see "Alice im Wunderland" byt the german dept.

I volunteer at St. Thomas'... interesting hospital
Reply 11
naimslim89
I don’t want to go to Mary’s
I don’t want to go to Bart’s
And they say the Royal Free, is not the place to be
And Tommie’s is a place for high-born fairies
UCL is a dump in central London
King’s is a hovel on the strand
I’d rather go to George’s,
Merry, Merry George’s
‘Cos George’s is the finest in the Land
‘Cor Blimey!

You do know which medical school Georgies 'borrowed' that off, don't you? :rolleyes:
Whats the original then renal :wink:
Reply 13
theredsox
Since when has King's medical school been at the strand? :biggrin:
(I bet you that I've got it wrong and it is and I really ought to know better seeing that hopefully I'll be going there..:blush:)
The line is, "Charing Cross is burried in the Strand" (Which it was, before 1960)

Lol it's an old song, hence the absence of Imperial College from the song!
It's not that old, Imperial was St Marys, Charing Cross & Westminster medical schools as recently 1984.

I don't want to go to Mary's
I don't want to go to Guy's
They say the Royal Free is not the place to be
And Tommie's is the place for high-born ladies
UCH is very draghty
Charing Cross is burried in the strand, IN THE STRAND
So if you want some treatment, some very special treatment
The London is the best place in the land COR BLIMEY

Now do you suppose the the East London school or the Tooting school has props on 'Cor Blimey'. :wink:
A doctor who I was talking to at volunteering went to Mary's 13 years ago. So more recently than 1984, I reckon.
Reply 15
It was CX and Westminster that merged in 84, Mary's was independant until the great abolition in 97.
Yes, I noticed that a ton of medical schools merged together around then. Why did it happen?
...no
Reply 18
iceman_jondoe
...no
WTF? :rolleyes:
.... just adhering to the traditional London banter... but...

I'm VERY sure that St. George's has props on 'Cor Blimey!! In fact it was brats I mean barts who copied them!!

Oh and it goes "St. George's is the finest in the land"

:rolleyes: :biggrin: :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending