The Student Room Group

What are you most excited to be back at uni for?

Scroll to see replies

I'm looking forward to only sitting 3 exams. A massive improvement on the 6 in 5 days I had last January.
Reply 21
Nothing, except maybe failing my exam and having good reason to drop out

(don't really want to drop out, course is fne...ish.. but I dislike university)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Nothing, except maybe failing my exam and having good reason to drop out

(don't really want to drop out, course is fne...ish.. but I dislike university)

What makes you dislike it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emily.97
Absolutely nothing about university life excites me.

Just wait until you're out of uni and in full time work, that's when the fun really starts :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
When you've finished uni you'll want to go back all the time. I miss uni so much
Reply 25
Original post by BWV1007
What makes you dislike it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I almost never go out, don't see anyone outside of supervisions and one society, and I am convinced I have some undiagnosed ASD or something, as well as abnormal impracticality (another big issue is that my diet and spending is terrible, largely because I don't feel comfortable cooking due to a history of failing at anything remotely practical, even though I know it is not actually difficult at all objectively). And there's all the small things; I don't have a license to watch stuff I'd like to watch, my room is freezing, it's really noisy where I am, it's not exactly aesthetic where I am...
Sorry but you did ask lol
Interesting that there's almost a perfect 3-way split between the three options.

I almost never go out, don't see anyone outside of supervisions and one society, and I am convinced I have some undiagnosed ASD or something, as well as abnormal impracticality (another big issue is that my diet and spending is terrible, largely because I don't feel comfortable cooking due to a history of failing at anything remotely practical, even though I know it is not actually difficult at all objectively). And there's all the small things; I don't have a license to watch stuff I'd like to watch, my room is freezing, it's really noisy where I am, it's not exactly aesthetic where I am...
Sorry but you did ask lol

Have you spoken to someone in your university about this?
Reply 27
Original post by Plagioclase
Have you spoken to someone in your university about this?

Nope; I feel like all my issues are my fault and so it would largely be a waste of time, as for any diagnosis of anything, that would take ages especially with me being an adult and I don't even know if it would be productive.
Nope; I feel like all my issues are my fault and so it would largely be a waste of time, as for any diagnosis of anything, that would take ages especially with me being an adult and I don't even know if it would be productive.

If you think you might have ASD or something then it's not your fault (not even sure what you mean by "I feel like all my issues are my fault"). Getting a diagnosis probably would be difficult at this point in time but that doesn't mean that there isn't any help available for you. In the end it's your choice but I can assure you that getting help from my university has absolutely not been a waste of time for me; indeed I wouldn't be there without it. If it's making you miserable, there are people who can help.
Happy to be back on Monday :smile: Got a bit of coursework to do within the first 3 weeks, then it'll be all good :smile:
Reply 30
I chose the bottom option because i am in year 11!!
Reply 31
I'm looking forward to be starting the lab based part of my research project in the BMRC and my one other module running alongside it: infection and immunity :yep:

can't believe it's my penultimate semester at university (with the last being exams) :redface:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:cookie:

Are you back yet or do you start next week? :h:

What are you most looking forwards to?

All the poontang I'll be pretending I'm getting
Looking forward to lectures and being able to plan my day myself again (and the food!). Not looking forward to exams :cry:
Overall though, happy to go back. One week left.

Are you a geology student? Just going by your DP
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MountKimbie
Are you a geology student? Just going by your DP

Yes sort of :smile:
Yes sort of :smile:

My next guess would then be Geophysics? Am I closer? :P
Original post by MountKimbie
My next guess would then be Geophysics? Am I closer? :P

Earth Sciences but close enough because I originally applied for Geophysics :smile:
I cannot wait! :biggrin:

- Seeing my uni family, getting to pull more pranks with them, and more joking around
- Seeing Arthur, our house hamster, again
- Eating what I want and not having to justify my actions (I love my family to death, but they question every move I make)
- Starting modules I actually wanted to study (ecology and oceanography)
- Got a 2 week expedition to the Malaysian jungle to study trapdoor spiders
- Having a double bed instead of a single
- More fieldtrips

I go back on Monday! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I sat my exams back in December, so I am dreading the fact that we will be receiving our marks !:s-smilie:

But I am really excited about seeing my friends again :smile:
Original post by Emily.97
Absolutely nothing about university life excites me.

... What?! Why?? Dear gosh I hope uni isn't this bad for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest