The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English Literature January 2016

I have no idea what to do. My target for English literature is an A but I feel like I'll just about manage to get a C. My Drama and Prose is TKAM and An Inspector Calls. I don't have a problem in memorising quotes but I struggle to use A/A* techniques in my writing and I don't know how to develop on my points in a way that makes sense to the question. I just need help on how to create an A / A* piece of writing. Thanks 😀
(PS I really need a reply ASAP my exam is on Monday )
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I just took my Drama & Prose English Lit exam on Friday (Jan 2016). And hopefully you read this post in time (sorry for the delay). It was the exact same board as you (Edexcel) and I can only tell you the questions they will ask Simply because I do not remember all four of them the following is the only one(s) that I remember.

Section 2 will Ask:

Q) How is Crooks and one other character represented as lonely in of mice and men? ( I chose Crooks & Curley's Wife)

And for An Inspector Calls it will be:

Q) How does Steinbeck represent Females in the poem?

I forgot the other two, simply because the ones you see above are the questions that I personally answered. Hopefully you read this thread in time, and it will be some assistance to you.

Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Jolton09
Hey,

I just took my Drama & Prose English Lit exam on Friday (Jan 2016). And hopefully you read this post in time (sorry for the delay). It was the exact same board as you (Edexcel) and I can only tell you the questions they will ask Simply because I do not remember all four of them the following is the only one(s) that I remember.

Section 2 will Ask:

Q) How is Crooks and one other character represented as lonely in of mice and men? ( I chose Crooks & Curley's Wife)

I forgot the other two, simply because the ones you see above are the questions that I personally answered. Hopefully you read this thread in time, and it will be some assistance to you.

Good Luck!

I'm doing Of Mice and Men and also An Inpector Calls on Monday (tomorrow), are you sure it's the exact same questions? Btw the inspector question is wrong as priestly wrote the play not Steinbeck I think you had gotten mixed up aha

I'm doing the iGCSE edexcel exam board paper 1 drama and prose (is it the same as your paper?)

Do you remember the other questions for OMAM and AIC?

And lastly how was the exam for you? I had hoped you had done well :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jolton09
Hey,

Section 2 will Ask:

Good Luck!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but - http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Edexcel%20Certificate/English%20Literature/2011/Exam%20materials/4ET0_01_que_20150108.pdf

Those questions came up on Jan 2015. We're a year ahead. Do please keep up :smile:
quotes describing birling from inspector calls ?
i feel like this year for inspector calls , social responsibility , the inspector , gerald, sybil billing or sheila might come up and you never know if eric might come up again because last year it only popped up. for omam i think the theme of dreams , conflicts in the story or animals representation might come up or character wise on slim , crooks , curleys wife , lennie an George.
Original post by cute_hibaq
quotes describing birling from inspector calls ?

if you don't remember quotes just remember to summarise what he done in full detail.
Original post by whahida223
i feel like this year for inspector calls , social responsibility , the inspector , gerald, sybil billing or sheila might come up and you never know if eric might come up again because last year it only popped up. for omam i think the theme of dreams , conflicts in the story or animals representation might come up or character wise on slim , crooks , curleys wife , lennie an George.

What came up in jan 2016 paper for AIC? and june 2015?
It would be easier to calculate which character is most likely to come up
Original post by shohaib712
What came up in jan 2016 paper for AIC? and june 2015?
It would be easier to calculate which character is most likely to come up

Jan 2016 was explore the relationship between Sybil Birling and the inspector, that's all I know
Original post by zXcodeXz
Jan 2016 was explore the relationship between Sybil Birling and the inspector, that's all I know

seriously? I thought that was ging to come up this year :frown:
What do you think will come up this year?
seriously? I thought that was ging to come up this year :frown:
What do you think will come up this year?

I'm not sure but most likely the side characters like Eric and Gerald or maybe even the inspector
I'm not sure but most likely the side characters like Eric and Gerald or maybe even the inspector

Is this one for GCSE EDEXCEL?

Here is the patern basically:
Eric/Sheila, Eva smith, Inspector, Gerald, Sheila, Fem characters, Mr Birling, Sybil
what about omam? ugh this exam stress is killing me

I think its likely that Mr Brling will come up this year
Is this one for GCSE EDEXCEL?

Here is the patern basically:
Eric/Sheila, Eva smith, Inspector, Gerald, Sheila, Fem characters, Mr Birling, Sybil

Must be Eric then
Does anyone know the significance of the rabbits in of mice and men ??
I think its likely that Mr Brling will come up this year

I seriously doubt that as he's the easiest character to write about
I seriously doubt that as he's the easiest character to write about

How do you structure the answers? Is there a different structure for the other question (OMAM)?
How do you structure the answers? Is there a different structure for the other question (OMAM)?

Like as in paragraphs? Or what your supposed to include in the paragraphs?
do you think anything on broken dreams might come up in OMAM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending