The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Jeff458
Mate so is ISIS, makes no difference it's on the news.

The news are just saying that there is a petition. They are not saying that it was an issue.

Just because it's on the news, does not mean we (people who didn't sit that exam) should help you. The paper was the same number of marks. Having to read "several words" is part of life.

All the SQA will do AT MOST is change our timing next year and not your grade boundaries.

You have 30 odd signatures. Maybe that's what the news finds headline worthy!

What a moron

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahhhhhhhhaaaa what a legend :rofl: :lolz:
Yay. I put the first knot (V) to be Earth?

Yeah I put that aswell

First of all, even if I did believe in the petition, I'm not going to complain about an exam I didn't even sit, or even seen. This has been pointed out in this thread several times and also in many of the others you posted this in. Not that you should really be asking for our signatures or anybody elses unless they have actually sat that exam, because that wouldn't make for a real petition for a start.
Second, I'd hardly call 28 people signing a petition news worthy. The media are desperate at the moment to pick flaws in the new National, CfE Higher & CfE Advanced Higher qualifications and the SQA, especially after the rather high profile issues last year.
Thirdly, it wouldn't help me out in the slightest (yes I am going to sit AH Physics before you try that card).
Finally, I think you need to just stop promoting it - at least in threads other than AH Physics 2015-16. You've put the petition out there, if people feel like they want to sign it I'm sure they'll be able to find it easy enough without having to repost the links every 4 hours or so. At the moment you just sound desperate (well in my opinion you are but besides the point).
I do wish more people realised out how the SQA work, or listen when I or others try and educate them about the system they go through. They don't wait for pupils to shout about a "hard" exam, or poor timing to change things (especially grades), they work it out themselves.
Original post by TheAPupil
Yeah I put that aswell

Wait what? Did I really miss something in that question?
Original post by PTS_99
Wait what? Did I really miss something in that question?

Why? What did you put?
Why? What did you put?

I put something along the lines of its a good model because the galaxies are all moving away from each other at different speeds, increasing from V. Don't think I mentioned or even saw Earth mentioned in the question that was my point anyway.
Would it be ok if I added the internal resistance to the resistor,then did ohms law for the circuit question? I got 8.82, which I subtracted from 12.8, to give me an answer of 3.98.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PTS_99
I put something along the lines of its a good model because the galaxies are all moving away from each other at different speeds, increasing from V. Don't think I mentioned or even saw Earth mentioned in the question that was my point anyway.

Yeah but I just assumed V was Earth.
Original post by PTS_99
First of all, even if I did believe in the petition, I'm not going to complain about an exam I didn't even sit, or even seen. This has been pointed out in this thread several times and also in many of the others you posted this in. Not that you should really be asking for our signatures or anybody elses unless they have actually sat that exam, because that wouldn't make for a real petition for a start.
Second, I'd hardly call 28 people signing a petition news worthy. The media are desperate at the moment to pick flaws in the new National, CfE Higher & CfE Advanced Higher qualifications and the SQA, especially after the rather high profile issues last year.
Thirdly, it wouldn't help me out in the slightest (yes I am going to sit AH Physics before you try that card).
Finally, I think you need to just stop promoting it - at least in threads other than AH Physics 2015-16. You've put the petition out there, if people feel like they want to sign it I'm sure they'll be able to find it easy enough without having to repost the links every 4 hours or so. At the moment you just sound desperate (well in my opinion you are but besides the point).
I do wish more people realised out how the SQA work, or listen when I or others try and educate them about the system they go through. They don't wait for pupils to shout about a "hard" exam, or poor timing to change things (especially grades), they work it out themselves.

Here you go mate: https://www.change.org/p/scottish-qualifications-authority-sqa-sqa-to-take-into-consideration-that-timing-was-a-big-problem-in-advanced-higher-physics

no worries x
What did everyone do on the circuit question, with EMF 12.8 where you had to find the voltage across one of the components in series with a resistor I think? I think I found the lost volts took that away from 12.8 then used E = V + IR to find the voltage. Cant remember exactly but was just curious to whether I had the right idea
Original post by CBallantine
What did everyone do on the circuit question, with EMF 12.8 where you had to find the voltage across one of the components in series with a resistor I think? I think I found the lost volts took that away from 12.8 then used E = V + IR to find the voltage. Cant remember exactly but was just curious to whether I had the right idea
I think that is right. What I did was that I added the internal resistance and the resistor value to give me 4.9. I then did V=IR and found the voltage, which was 8.82. I then subtracted 8.82 from 12.8 and got 3.98 as the answer.
Original post by CBallantine

Yeah, I did E=V+IR to find the total voltage in the circuit, then did V=IR for the resistor to find out how many volts were in the resistor, and took that value away from the total volts in the circuit to get 3.98V
Original post by rebeccas23
Yeah, I did E=V+IR to find the total voltage in the circuit, then did V=IR for the resistor to find out how many volts were in the resistor, and took that value away from the total volts in the circuit to get 3.98V
Would it be okay if I added the resistor and internal resistance together, then did V=IR to get an answer of 8.82?Then do 12.8-8.82=3.98 V

Lol.

Guys make sure you revise for your exams or you turn into a keyboard warrior like this guy hahahaha^^^
Original post by Crimsoncomet267
Would it be okay if I added the resistor and internal resistance together, then did V=IR to get an answer of 8.82?Then do 12.8-8.82=3.98 V

Yeah I'm sure that would be okay, there's normally a few ways of getting the final answer so as long as you got there you'll be fine :smile:
Yeah I'm sure that would be okay, there's normally a few ways of getting the final answer so as long as you got there you'll be fine :smile:

Thanks
Is anyone gonna put Section B up?
Probably a long shot, but just wondering again if anyone has section B of the exam? :colondollar:
Probably a long shot, but just wondering again if anyone has section B of the exam? :colondollar:

Nah sorry, i believe it will most likely be uploaded before results day anyway though. So you could probably estimate what you got before then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending