The Student Room Group

New Hallmates Are Driving Me Insane

So over Christmas my hall was given 2 full flats of new flatmates. Bit of background, we are four quiet girls who previously were the ONLY occupants of the hall of four 7-bed flats. So of course some noise is to be expected.

On their first night here Sunday, they had their music on so loud that our doors were actually shaking, we all either had a deadline the next day or a test. So we called the night-time wardens, (as well as THREE other blocks who could hear the noise).

Then they started smoking right by our windows, when the smoking area is less than a 1 minute walk away. Excuse given: It's raining though. IDGAF if it's raining, either smoke in the correct place or don't smoke at all.

Now every night at 1am music is going full blast, despite the wardens constantly going up and asking them to just stop because people are trying to sleep.

How long until they get kicked out? I honestly cannot take much more.

Scroll to see replies

Ngl if it was me , i'd take there music **** and throw it outside
Have you tried personally talking to the *****? :/
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Ngl if it was me , i'd take there music **** and throw it outside

WHO brings a jukebox to uni though??? I don't understand.

Original post by flippantri
Have you tried personally talking to the *****? :/

Yep. We tried knocking on their door the first night, didn't hear us. So we spoke to them while they smoked and explained that the block rules are no smoking outside the block and no excessive noise after 11pm and just got sort of a "whatever" response. CHILDREN I know this is your first time away from mummy and daddy but please don't push me into smothering you in your sleep.
Original post by PurplePixie96

Yep. We tried knocking on their door the first night, didn't hear us. So we spoke to them while they smoked and explained that the block rules are no smoking outside the block and no excessive noise after 11pm and just got sort of a "whatever" response. CHILDREN I know this is your first time away from mummy and daddy but please don't push me into smothering you in your sleep.

If you don't mind , what uni is it at?
Reply 5

Would it be possible for their jukebox to meet with an accident that renders it utterly useless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind , what uni is it at?

Okay, this is complicated...
Basically, my course is validated by Uni of Northampton but because it requires a lot of practical hours to work with animals and livestock we are based at Moulton College.
Original post by Katty3
Would it be possible for their jukebox to meet with an accident that renders it utterly useless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish my key card would let me into their flat ;-;
Reply 8
So over Christmas my hall was given 2 full flats of new flatmates. Bit of background, we are four quiet girls who previously were the ONLY occupants of the hall of four 7-bed flats. So of course some noise is to be expected.

On their first night here Sunday, they had their music on so loud that our doors were actually shaking, we all either had a deadline the next day or a test. So we called the night-time wardens, (as well as THREE other blocks who could hear the noise).

Then they started smoking right by our windows, when the smoking area is less than a 1 minute walk away. Excuse given: It's raining though. IDGAF if it's raining, either smoke in the correct place or don't smoke at all.

Now every night at 1am music is going full blast, despite the wardens constantly going up and asking them to just stop because people are trying to sleep.

How long until they get kicked out? I honestly cannot take much more.

Ew, such incompetent people. I suggest you start planning a death that is "accidental".. maybe thats WHY there's a rule you shouldnt play with fire :smile:
Okay, this is complicated...
Basically, my course is validated by Uni of Northampton but because it requires a lot of practical hours to work with animals and livestock we are based at Moulton College.

Wouldn't they get kicked out if they keep breaking the rules?
Wouldn't they get kicked out if they keep breaking the rules?

You would think wouldn't you. I think the wardens are close to having a mental breakdown with the amount that they've been called these past few days.
You would think wouldn't you. I think the wardens are close to having a mental breakdown with the amount that they've been called these past few days.

Is there not any higher power you could go too?
Is there not any higher power you could go too?

We've spoken to student services but they've basically said that they can't kick them out without giving them enough warnings. My main issue is that Moulton does FE courses as well as HE. And the blockmates are FEs who have a lot more time to mess around than us. They should have kept them in Under 18 accom in my opinion.
We've spoken to student services but they've basically said that they can't kick them out without giving them enough warnings. My main issue is that Moulton does FE courses as well as HE. And the blockmates are FEs who have a lot more time to mess around than us. They should have kept them in Under 18 accom in my opinion.

Ah i wouldn't know about FE courses , my uni doesn't offer them :l
Ah i wouldn't know about FE courses , my uni doesn't offer them :l

Mostly for under 18s who legally have to be in school/college. So most are time wasters :s-smilie:
Mostly for under 18s who legally have to be in school/college. So most are time wasters :s-smilie:

Ah those... types :L

Well i'd love to give you advice , but never experienced such a problem :frown:
Oh, just suck it up. Can you imagine what it must be like for hard-working, tax-paying families to have childish, immature, brat students in their street blasting-out music until 5am in the morning? You're just getting exactly what hard-working families (who unlike students, pay tax AND Council Tax) have to put up with on a daily basis.
Ah those... types :L

Well i'd love to give you advice , but never experienced such a problem :frown:

Haha thanks anyway :smile: Guess I'll just have to keep harassing the wardens :wink:
Haha thanks anyway :smile: Guess I'll just have to keep harassing the wardens :wink:

gl hope they shut up or get kicked out :smile:
Original post by joe.stains2012
Oh, just suck it up. Can you imagine what it must be like for hard-working, tax-paying families to have childish, immature, brat students in their street blasting-out music until 5am in the morning? You're just getting exactly what hard-working families (who unlike students, pay tax AND Council Tax) have to put up with on a daily basis.

Your post makes no sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending