The Student Room Group

Irregular bleeding on the pill and implant??? (Pill was to stop this happening)

I've had the implant in now for nearly 2 years, and since i had it put in I had irregular bleeding as well as constant bleeding (mostly 3/4 weeks at a time without stopping) and so my clinic put me on different types of contraceptive pill to try and fix it.

eventually they put me on regevidon pill which stopped the bleeding and was fine, but a few times the irregular bleeding has returned and i was told by the clinic to have a break (i usually take the pill non-stop) and see if it stopped the irregular bleeding after a week off the pill.

but recently I've had constant light brown discharge and bleeding even though nothing in my pill routine has changed.. i had a few days without it to see if the bleeding would stop but it hasnt and it's been nearly 2 weeks now.

I considered having my implant removed last year and trying something different because the bleeding was getting that bad, has anyone else had these problems with the implant? did they sort themselves out or did you swap? also, if anyone has a different contraceptive method to recommend that would be great so i can look into it!
Have you looked into the coil or the injection?

Quick Reply

Latest