The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DrSocSciences
Thanks, sounds reassuring. I know it's possible to email the original college to amend contact details, so had a dilemma whether family member ought to do that, or just trust in the email option.

If any contact details have changed it's a good idea to tell them.
Reply 21
Hmm, a Decision FAQ thread, a Decisions (no discussion, but lots of trolling :wink: ) thread, this thread, and presumably an Offer Holders thread... People will need a degree to know where to post :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Hmm, a Decision FAQ thread, a Decisions (no discussion, but lots of trolling :wink: ) thread, this thread, and presumably an Offer Holders thread... People will need a degree to know where to post :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm lost already tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't this thread get re-titled as 'Offer Holders thread' after D-Day? Isn't that what happens every year?
But except for that, yes, you're right, I'd say there are too many thread......
Perhaps merging of Decision thread (with discussion) with this thread needed?
Original post by vincrows
Won't this thread get re-titled as 'Offer Holders thread' after D-Day? Isn't that what happens every year?

Hopefully those who've posted on the decisions thread :wink: will delete their posts or edit accordingly on judgement day.
Reply 25
Original post by Protoxylic
I'm lost already tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed!

Help! @Minerva :smile:
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

We can consolidate, let me know once people have decided. :yy:
Reply 27
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
We can consolidate, let me know once people have decided. :yy:

Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????
(edited 8 years ago)
One dumb (and quite irrelevant) question.....

How does 'following' thingy work?
I mean, I noticed yesterday I'm following all sorts of people (I don't even know who some of them are) even though I've never ever used the 'follow' function at all.
Is it a bug or is there some kind of weird automatic system that allocate some 'followers' to other posters for a mysterious reason??
I made me wonder how many of my 'followers' were genuine or if they even know they're following me......
What's the point of 'following/followed' anyway?
Reply 30
One dumb (and quite irrelevant) question.....

How does 'following' thingy work?
I mean, I noticed yesterday I'm following all sorts of people (I don't even know who some of them are) even though I've never ever used the 'follow' function at all.
Is it a bug or is there some kind of weird automatic system that allocate some 'followers' to other posters for a mysterious reason??
I made me wonder how many of my 'followers' were genuine or if they even know they're following me......
What's the point of 'following/followed' anyway?

I wasn't following anyone until I started trying it this week... (and followed you :smile: ) so I don't think it's a bug.

I'm still not sure how it works!
Original post by jneill
Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????

I'm really tempted to oppose to the idea I suggested myself just to complicate the matter. :tongue:

Jk,

yes, please thank you. :biggrin:
Original post by rhi_el
That is so cool, fingers crossed!

Isn't it! Hopefully we can all have matching ones....:u:
Reply 34
Original post by Missgeehughes
Isn't it! Hopefully we can all have matching ones....:u:

It really is!! I'm so glad you've shown us them(...until I'm rejected...then I won't be so pleased...)
Original post by jneill
I wasn't following anyone until I started trying it this week... (and followed you :smile: ) so I don't think it's a bug.

I'm still not sure how it works!

Ah ok so yours was genuine. I was wondering why you suddenly started following me after all this time, especially while I was hiding from the thread. :tongue:

The reason I asked it is because someone thanked me yesterday for following him even though I didn't do it myself.

So do you only have the people on your list who you chose yourself to follow?
I 'un-followed' all of them on my list yesterday because I never decided to follow them, whatever 'following' suppose to do. :tongue:
Reply 36
Reply 37
Ah ok so yours was genuine. I was wondering why you suddenly started following me after all this time, especially while I was hiding from the thread. :tongue:

The reason I asked it is because someone thanked me yesterday for following him even though I didn't do it myself.

So do you only have the people on your list who you chose yourself to follow?
I 'un-followed' all of them on my list yesterday because I never decided to follow them, whatever 'following' suppose to do. :tongue:

Yep my (very short) list only has people I picked this week. Did you unfollow me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, they are quite a well-known company. Google used them for a nice advert a few years ago

https://vimeo.com/50519792

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I have one of their satchels already. Loved that advert when it came out!

Probably you know this already but that's nothing to do with the University. The people (a mum) created just live in Cambridge, that's all. :wink:
But, yes, you probably need a good happy reason to buy it as, I think, it's really overpriced! :tongue:
(Lots of good quality 'imitations' in the market....)

Latest

Trending

Trending