The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We sure do burn through threads fast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Hi,
I just had two quick questions. Does automatic pooling exist if your UMS is higher than some threshold? Do you find out you've been pooled as soon as you're in the pool or once you've been fished out?
Cheers.
Original post by jneill
Yep my (very short) list only has people I picked this week. Did you unfollow me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had more than 10 people on my 'following' list many of them I didn't even know who they were. So that's the list 'un-followed'
My 'followers' list is intact, just in case they're actually following (whatever that means...) me.
Maybe you're my only genuine follower.....:tongue:
Original post by vincrows
I had more than 10 people on my 'following' list many of them I didn't even know who they were. So that's the list 'un-followed'
My 'followers' list is intact, just in case they're actually following (whatever that means...) me.
Maybe you're my only genuine follower.....:tongue:

Vincs i wont mind u following me:biggrin:
One dumb (and quite irrelevant) question.....

How does 'following' thingy work?
I mean, I noticed yesterday I'm following all sorts of people (I don't even know who some of them are) even though I've never ever used the 'follow' function at all.
Is it a bug or is there some kind of weird automatic system that allocate some 'followers' to other posters for a mysterious reason??
I made me wonder how many of my 'followers' were genuine or if they even know they're following me......
What's the point of 'following/followed' anyway?

That.... shouldn't happen as far as I know.

Threads that people you follow have posted in show up in a widget you can put on the homepage- I use it a lot to find interesting threads.

@jemlou9090 @peso Do you guys know....?
Original post by Duke Glacia
Vincs i wont mind u following me:biggrin:

Yesterday I got a notification that she was following me. I felt so special.

Then I I found out it was by mistake. #colombiazoned

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by jneill
Agreed!

Help! @Minerva :smile:
I'd suggest keeping them separate for the moment - the Decisions FAQ isn't intended as a chat thread, and the longer it gets the more difficult it is for people to find the information they need :smile:
Original post by jneill
Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????

Yeah, definitely! Avoid confusion on where we should post!

Just put in the OP that any applicants needing an urgent reply or something should tag the mods or yourself and vincrows :yep:
Probably you know this already but that's nothing to do with the University. The people (a mum) created just live in Cambridge, that's all. :wink:
But, yes, you probably need a good happy reason to buy it as, I think, it's really overpriced! :tongue:
(Lots of good quality 'imitations' in the market....)

She also went to the university hence why she has probably created it with the coat of arms on it!

It is really expensive... but really worth it? haha.
So pre-stressing about the stress I'm going to have has left me unusually calm with 1 and a half working days to go for the day :tongue:
Original post by Minerva
I'd suggest keeping them separate for the moment - the Decisions FAQ isn't intended as a chat thread, and the longer it gets the more difficult it is for people to find the information they need :smile:

We have another Decision thread and that's what we were talking about the possibility of merging into this thread.
Original post by Missgeehughes
She also went to the university hence why she has probably created it with the coat of arms on it!

I'll probably treat myself to a shopping spree in Primark with that same amount of money :lol:
Original post by enaayrah
I'll probably treat myself to a shopping spree in Primark with that same amount of money :lol:

Haha do what makes you happy! Likewise, if I am rejected I am probably going to spend the same amount of money on Dominoes and Ben and Jerry's...
Original post by Missgeehughes

Where does it have the coat of arms?
It's not approved by the University, she's not supposed to use if without their permission. Doesnt matter if she was a graduate.
Original post by Hodor_van_Groot
Yesterday I got a notification that she was following me. I felt so special.

Then I I found out it was by mistake. #colombiazoned

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're special no matter if I'm following you or not. :wink:
Reply 55
Darn I thought we'd migrate to decision thread so I didn't make MK V :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by jneill
Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????

I agree. :tongue:
Original post by C0balt
Darn I thought we'd migrate to decision thread so I didn't make MK V :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
Hmm, on reflection I think Minerva is probably right: considering this is already on two pages of chat, it might be better to keep this thread open and have the Decisions FAQ as a place for specific questions for people who need help. It's going to be difficult for people to find the info they need otherwise. :beard:
Where does it have the coat of arms?
It's not approved by the University, she's not supposed to use if without their permission. Doesnt matter if she was a graduate.

Here. Maybe it is approved?

Latest

Trending

Trending