The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
That.... shouldn't happen as far as I know.

Threads that people you follow have posted in show up in a widget you can put on the homepage- I use it a lot to find interesting threads.

@jemlou9090 @peso Do you guys know....?

Actually I had a list of people who I was supposed to be following while ago and 'un-followed' all of them except for TSR official related accounts. The when I checked yesterday, my list had many posters again, most of them I didn't even know existed. At the moment I only have one TSR official account on it. Would be interested to see how it grows automatically over next few months. :tongue:
This has been a wild ride :tongue:
Original post by vincrows
You're special no matter if I'm following you or not. :wink:

Screw Cambridge. Vincrows said I'm special. I can die in peace now. :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by jneill
Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????

Yeah agreed
I thought we'd migrate to that thread so I didn't make MK V with updated info and colours (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Missgeehughes
Here. Maybe it is approved?

It does say 'official' in the description? I don't know for sure though!
Original post by patronus7
It does say 'official' in the description? I don't know for sure though!

Oh well! It's just a bag :K:
Last night I dreamed I was pooled and invited to another interview by my original college, what even. And now this pen I bought from Cambridge works funny. Are these omens? We will never know.
Reply 67
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hmm, on reflection I think Minerva is probably right: considering this is already on two pages of chat, it might be better to keep this thread open and have the Decisions FAQ as a place for specific questions for people who need help. It's going to be difficult for people to find the info they need otherwise. :beard:

Not wishing to have another set of messages again, but I feel that this thread does lack the focus seen on the equivalent Oxford thread, and there is a need for something that is focused on the topic. I do realise that there is a group of friends on this thread using it for general chat, but I do know it also puts other people off. I'd like to see specific answers (including information from the CAT) separate from chat that has no relevance to Cambridge.
Here. Maybe it is approved?

there's a few design they made for the university to sell as their 'official' bags on their alumni memorabilia online shop, so they have the crest on them, but not sure the university agreed to allow them to put it on all their bags of other design.
https://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/shop
Original post by Mark800
Not wishing to have another set of messages again, but I feel that this thread does lack the focus seen on the equivalent Oxford thread, and there is a need for something that is focused on the topic. I do realise that there is a group of friends on this thread using it for general chat, but I do know it also puts other people off. I'd like to see specific answers (including information from the CAT) separate from chat that has no relevance to Cambridge.

There is a specific thread called "Ask an Admission Tutor"
Oh well! It's just a bag :K:

Indeed! Good choice though! Might save up to buy it if Tuesday goes well :h: Best of luck to you.
Original post by C0balt
Yeah agreed
I thought we'd migrate to that thread so I didn't make MK V with updated info and colours (lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure if you want to take over the OP then that would be alright :tongue: It's easy to change the post owner.

Original post by Mark800

It's good to have a place for general chat, but you do have a point that it does mean that things can get a bit lost.

Some of the other uni forums have an application FAQ/official rep thread and an application chat thread as separate. :beard:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Duke Glacia
There is a specific thread called "Ask an Admission Tutor"

As you know full well, the CAT thread is currently closed, and the CAT has been adding input on this thread over the last few days.
Commenting for updates.
there's a few design they made for the university to sell as their 'official' bags on their alumni memorabilia online shop, so they have the crest on them, but not sure the university agreed to allow them to put it on all their bags of other design.
https://www.alumni.cam.ac.uk/shop

those are the exact bags on the Cambridge Satchel Company website. They only have those three.
Original post by jneill
Thanks Puddles. I think the best is to merge this thread with the Decisions FAQ thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3813351

Everyone in favour? What do you think @C0balt @Zacken @vincrows @physicsmaths @enaayrah, and everyone else...????

Sounds good, I need 1 place to troll, gettig a bit confused this morning.
Reply 77
I had more than 10 people on my 'following' list many of them I didn't even know who they were. So that's the list 'un-followed'
My 'followers' list is intact, just in case they're actually following (whatever that means...) me.
Maybe you're my only genuine follower.....:tongue:

If it was only 10 or so I think you might have accidentally followed them instead of clicking their profile picture. The follow button is close enough to do that. Perhaps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patronus7
Indeed! Good choice though! Might save up to buy it if Tuesday goes well :h: Best of luck to you.

Good idea! Good luck to you too :biggrin:
those are the exact bags on the Cambridge Satchel Company website. They only have those three.

I can tell you, once you're at Cambridge, you'd want to have something with your college's colour/crest on, not the generic University things. They're a bit tourist-y....:wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending