The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Nursing-Course Ambassador Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faysa
Does middlesex their provides student bursaries.

Hiya Faysa,

As long as the Government is still providing bursaries, so are we!

That said, 2016 is the final year that we can guarantee that our students will have bursaries.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Middlesex Course Ambassador
Midwifery
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Original post by Bron26
Hi Nuradin,

What advice could you give to a mature student, with children, who is enrolled on teh BSc Mental Health Nursing course?

Hiya Bron,

You've probably already heard it all before but the best advice I can give you is stay organised. Trust me, it may sound clique but keeping on top of things and completing assignments as soon as possible is one of the best ways to get though the course.

Whilst this does mean being firm with time allocations for study, this also means making sure you take the time to take care of yourself as well.

It's gonna be intense, but by finding a good balance, you'll be able to kick some major proverbial backside.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by becky_emma
I was wondering what type of accommodation contract we need whether it's September to June of September to September

Hiya Becky_Emma,

I would say it's best to go for a Sept to Sept contract as the course runs for 45 weeks of the year, and moving half way though a placement is a real pain in the backside.

United Olympic way and Ivy Halls both offer 51 week contracts.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery
Reply 103
Original post by Tahi at MDX
Hiya everyone,

My name is Tahi and I am the Midwifery Course Ambassador for Middlesex Uni. For the next few weeks I'm going to be taking over from Nur on this thread.

Please be patient with me, I will try and answer as many of your questions as I can.

Tahi
Midwifery

Original post by mary john
Hi,
I have an offer, but it says 45level 3 course in merit and above, does it mean if I have pass in any module of my access course I will loose my place.
pls I am very anxious

Hi Tahi,
Can you answer my question please. I also have an offer which says I need 45 level 3 course in merit or above. I have 18 distinction, a few merit, but still waiting for a few modules results. If I get pass will I loose my place??Thank you.
m
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by Tahi at MDX
Hiya Faysa,

As long as the Government is still providing bursaries, so are we!

That said, 2016 is the final year that we can guarantee that our students will have bursaries.

Hope this helps,

Tahi
Midwifery

Nice to know that the university have their own bursary as well as the governments bursary

Many thanks
Original post by 555m555
Hi Tahi,
Can you answer my question please. I also have an offer which says I need 45 level 3 course in merit or above. I have 18 distinction, a few merit, but still waiting for a few modules results. If I get pass will I loose my place??Thank you.
m

Hiya M,

As long as you get the UCAS points you need to get in then you've got your place.

Please check out the UCAS points tarrife to see how your grades translate to points.

That said, if you do not get the amount of points you need, you situation will be assessed, however you will probably not get your place.

Hope this helps

Tahi
Midwifery
Original post by faysa
Nice to know that the university have their own bursary as well as the governments bursary

Many thanks

Hey Faysa,

I think there may have been some crossed wires. MDX does not offer a separate bursary to the government one

Tahi
Midwifery
Hi.

I don't know if it is appropriate to ask this question in this thread or not, but as you are the Course Ambassador so why not try.
I have applied to Middlesex uni for this year September 2016. Alhumduillah, I have got a conditional offer from the university but now due to some personal circumstances I think I might not be able to achieve the UCAS points needed. I am really worried and wish to do Uni some how this year. I am trying my very best but I don't know what the outcome will me.

So I wanted to ask please :

Will the uni reconsider if i was about 20 points away?
If I don't meet their requirements can they hold the position for next year whilst I try to back up the points during the gap year I take?

Please do help me out.
Thank you for your help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108
Hi there
I was just wondering about the entry requirements. I'm going to start an access course in nursing and I have GCSEs in both maths and english which i got in 2009 so 7 years ago. On the entry requirements page it says my GCSE results must of been received in the past 5 years. How strict are the admissions team with that as I don't think its fair.
Thank you
Chantelle
Hi Nuradin,

I was just wondering, that if you do meet the entry requirements for nursing, what is the likely hood you will be accept on to the course starting in September?

Also, if for what ever reason a person cannot attend the induction week, what would happen then?

Thanks.
Reply 110
Hey I've got an offer to study BSc mental health nursing and I just have a few questions that I want to ask. Firstly when is the induction and when do we receive time tables. In addition, on average how many days awake do mental health students attend university. Finally what are the scheduled holidays like for undergraduate nursing students
Meeting these conditions have not been as easy as 123. I have met most of my 45 merits or above. I have got my english functional skills but its the maths im struggling with. I have done 3 exams and failed. So i am missing one condition. Anyone else in this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending