The Student Room Group

Europe Melts Down: Multiculturalism has Failed Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Twinpeaks
Now I'm a leftist, and pro-immigration. But whilst the statistics clearly demonstrate that the vast majority of refugees have conformed to our legal laws and social norms, a number of refugees have failed to do that. Yes, we should keep in mind that those refugees are a small minority, but does that somehow make their actions insignificant? No. Anyone who has became a victim as a direct result of these refugees would not brush it off as insignificant at all. One such incident is too many.

Now, because the vast majority of refugees have behaved in accordance with what we expect, we should not in anyway endorse punishing all refugees, by reinforcing sensationalist attitudes such as 'send them all back / block them all from entering'. But we do need to ensure that these incidents don't happen, and get worse. It is a fact, that these people are coming from very third world countries, where such behaviours are seen by normal for many. Ideally, compulsory education would be useful, but that would be so impractical to implement for every refugee. Like I said, we need to find a way to prevent this from happening, without punishing the majority of refugees who have behaved reasonably.

Thats cute, you've not suggested any solutions just like a true left winger. Left wingers create problems and shy away from solutions when things dont work out. We all know what the true solution is that prevents all these sexual attacks, send them back and screen them properly.
Original post by Yidi Amin
If you believe that differences in pigmentation separate White and Black people into separate and discrete categories, you must also believe that blonde haired people and ginger haired people are all parts of their own races which nobody does, so it's clearly nonsense.

That isn't what I said at all. Skin colour separates people into different categories based on skin colour. Not on race. We are all one human race. Just like I have blonde hair. My brother has dark brown hair. We are divided on hair colour. But still same human race.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That isn't what I said at all. Skin colour separates people into different categories based on skin colour. Not on race. We are all one human race. Just like I have blonde hair. My brother has dark brown hair. We are divided on hair colour. But still same human race.

That's my point, it's stupid to use pigmentation to define race when people within the same racial category (using orthodox European understanding of race) are also separated by pigmentation.
That's my point, it's stupid to use pigmentation to define race when people within the same racial category (using orthodox European understanding of race) are also separated by pigmentation.

Well yeah. It's a clumsy unscientific word. But you technically can't define race since it doesn't exist. What we mean when we say "race" is normally people who live or their ancestors lived in certain areas of the globe that produced certain dominant characteristics in these groups of humans due to the environment they lived in. When these different groups of humans started meeting each other a whole load of **** kicked of.
Well yeah. It's a clumsy unscientific word. But you technically can't define race since it doesn't exist. What we mean when we say "race" is normally people who live or their ancestors lived in certain areas of the globe that produced certain dominant characteristics in these groups of humans due to the environment they lived in. When these different groups of humans started meeting each other a whole load of **** kicked of.

That was my point, dammit we do agree :angry:

If you use these clumsy, unscientific definitions to define race, then you come up all sorts of absurdities such as being able to argue that you and your bro are of different racial background.

Pigmentation differences innit.
Original post by TunaTunnel
Thats cute, you've not suggested any solutions just like a true left winger. Left wingers create problems and shy away from solutions when things dont work out. We all know what the true solution is that prevents all these sexual attacks, send them back and screen them properly.

That isn't the only thing to consider from a moral point of view though. There is a culture clash between the people coming here and those that live here. The culture the refugees come from does have tendency to treat women poorly. These same women from these sexist cultures are coming here because they are afraid their children will be blown to bits by a bomb. You have the problem of balancing that kind of issue with the issue of women in your own more enlightened culture being sexually attacked by a small but significant amount of these refugees. That's the problem.

Left wingers are often internationalist to varying degrees so they don't just see everything solely from their own country's benefit, rather the wider global situation.
(edited 8 years ago)
That was my point, dammit we do agree :angry:

If you use these clumsy, unscientific definitions to define race, then you come up all sorts of absurdities such as being able to argue that you and your bro are of different racial background.

Pigmentation differences innit.

You may say there is no such thing as race but my understanding that logic also allows us to say there is no such thing as species.
Which also could have dangerous implications.
Original post by wildleaves
You may say there is no such thing as race but my understanding that logic also allows us to say there is no such thing as species.

The concept of species is pretty well defined biologically dumbass
Original post by digistar_100
Integration takes time. These men aren't used to culture which is so strange. There's plenty of well behaved migrants who are only escaping problems caused by the west.

Yeah, it's so hard not to rape :rolleyes:

There is a clear biological definition of species.

"A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms where two hybrids are capable of reproducing fertile offspring, typically using sexual reproduction."
The concept of species is pretty well defined biologically dumbass

I suggest you google the species problem. Please do not insult me i was not stating an opinion merely opening the door to another question.
I prefer philosophy to politics. That being said i actually agree with your stance on the matter.
There is a clear biological definition of species.

"A species is often defined as the largest group of organisms where two hybrids are capable of reproducing fertile offspring, typically using sexual reproduction."

Pretty sure the majority of living things do not re produce sexually. Notice the word often defined.
Because genetically and biologically race is a social construct, I think Europe should close the door to Syria totally, but piss off with this White Nationalist bull****.

Jamaicans, African Christians, Hindus are just as European as anyone else.

Exactly
Pretty sure the majority of living things do not re produce sexually. Notice the word often defined.

What the bloody hell do you think sex is for then?!

While in many cases this definition is adequate, the difficulty of defining species is known as the species problem. For example, a species complex is a group of closely related species that are very similar in appearance to the point that the boundaries between them are often unclear. Differentiating measures include similarity of DNA, morphology, or ecological niche. Presence of specific locally adapted traits may further subdivide species into "infraspecific taxa" such as subspecies (and in botany other taxa are used, such as varieties, subvarieties, and formae).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

Yeah it's a scientific definition. Which is as good a definition you are ever going to get ever since it is backed up with empirical observation. Loads better than the definition from a racist who defines white people and black people as different races for example as that has been utterly debunked. You can prove something is wrong with much more certainty than you can that something is correct.

Original post by abruiseonthesky

It is a fair question. You have asexual reproduction for example. But bigger more complex organisms tend to be sexual. Like us :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by abruiseonthesky

Never heard of asexual reproduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It works as long as people are willing to integrate. Those who aren't shouldn't have moved there.
Original post by TunaTunnel

I suggested a solution: education. Which is already being implemented across Europe, but to implement over such a large scale is going to be hard. You are being irrational, try and incorporate some reason into your thinking, it may do you some good.
Original post by DiddyDec
Never heard of asexual reproduction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The original comment was how - apparently - the majority of species don't reproduce sexually. If that were true, we'd all be popping out clones. The opposite is true; the majority of species don't reproduce asexually.
Why would they rape in Europe but in their home countries theyd be hanged for any deviation?

Im so glad im a dual citizen and i cant wait to leave the UK once im done with uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending