The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Student opinions on Accommodation for undergrads?

Hey, so I have heard about a few of the accommodation options being livelier or more quiet than others, and I was wondering how much of a difference there is between places? Regarding social life, and noise. I'm currently looking at Cranborne House, Lyme Regis House, Purbeck House and Chesil House. Also if you have any student opinions on what it is like living at each of them that would be appreciated, as I live too far away to visit the accomodation!Sian :smile:
Hello Sian!

I'm Chris and I am a student ambassador for Bournemouth Uni, I am in my second year studying Marketing Communications? What course are you looking to study?

In my opinion the liveliest accommodation is Purbeck, Lyme Regis, Cranborne or Dorchester house, these are all pretty close to each other as well as the main shopping centre and most of Bournemouth's clubs and pubs! Chesil House is also just opposite Cranborne and Purbeck but I have never been there myself, I do know that it has been fairly recently refurbished. There's also the student village which is based on Talbot Campus and perfect for the lazy or the workaholics! I lived in Student Village in my first year and it was okay everyone is still social and it's not too hard to fill a taxi into the town. Finally there is Corfe house which is based in Poole and I would try to avoid this one if you are lively and like nights out. It is the most recent but it is a 30 minute bus journey from the Talbot Campus.

Hope this has helped, please let me know if you had any other questions!

Chris :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by SianVee
Hey, so I have heard about a few of the accommodation options being livelier or more quiet than others, and I was wondering how much of a difference there is between places? Regarding social life, and noise. I'm currently looking at Cranborne House, Lyme Regis House, Purbeck House and Chesil House. Also if you have any student opinions on what it is like living at each of them that would be appreciated, as I live too far away to visit the accomodation!Sian :smile:

Hi Sian

My name is Amy and I am a third year student at BU (and an Ambassador). Re noise levels: even the quite places can get a bit lively at times, if you are worried I would suggest buying some earplugs- they really work a treat and you can still hear alarm clocks (and fire alarms).

In my first year I was in the student village (like Chris). Personally I really liked it, but then again I don't really go out clubbing. It is great if you like going to societies or the gym in the evening (as I do) and has the advantage of saving the money on your bus card (which comes as part of the accomodation).

If you prefer going out I would suggest looking at halls in the town centre (Chris has given an excellent run down of them for you already so I wont bore you by repeating it).

Did you have any questions in particular?

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest