The Student Room Group

University of Toronto vs University of Manchester

Hello all,
I am an international student and recently I have applied to university of Manchester as well as University o Toronto. I have received an offer from Manchester for Mechatronics and I am waiting for an offer from Toronto for Track one where we choose our specialization in the second year. I value academics, reputation and job prospects as well as the student life. Above all academics and student life matters the most to me. I am just not sure of how Manchester compares with University of Toronto in terms of the above stated aspects. In terms of rankings Toronto ranks slightly better than Manchester, but rankings are not all tbh. I am seeking to be an entrepreneur and would like to know which environment would better cater me for my goal. Also, in terms of city which city would provide a better life style and nightlife ? I tend to be a more adventurous person who likes to travel too, so I do value nearby attractions and activities like skiing etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
If you're looking for someone who attended both universities to give you an objective comparison, you might be in for a long wait.
Reply 2
Any help from the graduates or students from the universities would be help. I would be happy for a general opinion as well.
Original post by roxieroxx
Any help from the graduates or students from the universities would be help. I would be happy for a general opinion as well.

I know nothing about Toronto but I can say Manchester is very nice
In terms of international reputation, Toronto is much, much better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending