The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Transfer to LSE/UCL/Warwick from Bristol

Hello,

I am a student currently studying Economics here in University of Bristol and I am in my first year. Is it possible to transfer to the schools I mentioned before for their second year, or even first year? If so, how? Thanks a lot in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I doubt t since the listed unis are better than Bristol. Normally a uni will only allow you to transfer if you come from a higher ranked uni.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by guitarfever
Hello,

I am a student currently studying Economics here in University of Bristol and I am in my first year. Is it possible to transfer to the schools I mentioned before for their second year, or even first year? If so, how? Thanks a lot in advance!

You can write to them but unlikely because they are over subscribed and have to manage quality issues. Some students within LSE who request transfers across courses are required to score a 1st in the first year to be considered. But, do check with the respective Admissions. No harm asking.
Original post by blksheep
I doubt t since the listed unis are better than Bristol. Normally a uni will only allow you to transfer if you come from a higher ranked uni.

Yeah. Easier to move from LSE/UCL/Warwick to Bristol then the other way round. It always amazes me that there are those who still wonder if they should firm XXXX or LSE.
Original post by GandalfWhite
Yeah. Easier to move from LSE/UCL/Warwick to Bristol then the other way round. It always amazes me that there are those who still wonder if they should firm XXXX or LSE.

UCL and Warwick require you to achieve their minimum entry requirements(that is A*AA)
On the other hand,as I applied to LSE as a transfer applicant, they will look at my A level grades(which were terrible due to extenuating circumstances),my current grades at uni and my PS.

Hope that helps
Original post by Skill Twix
UCL and Warwick require you to achieve their minimum entry requirements(that is A*AA)
On the other hand,as I applied to LSE as a transfer applicant, they will look at my A level grades(which were terrible due to extenuating circumstances),my current grades at uni and my PS.

Hope that helps

hi did you end up transferring to LSE, sorry to bump this 4 year old thread but I am also considering a second year transfer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending