The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sexism and racism are nothing compared to what ugly people face

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Farm_Ecology
You mean apart from that none of it applies to me?

Edit: To add to this. You decided to point out that the person was jaded by the very negative experiences that he was raising as an issue. And you think this somehow invalidates their point?

You are either a troll or delusional if you think OP is defendable.
Reply 41
At what point in history did ugly people get stoned, lynched or sold as cattle etc. for being ugly? Maybe I missed that part...
As an ugly person I can honestly say I have not been discriminated against lol
Original post by Blondie987

WTF I was about to make an almost identical comment xD

Great minds think alike :3
Commiserations, OP.
Considering we have more access to information nowadays than we have ever had I'm failing to see how we have such a dip in intelligence on here... The quality of threads has gone to ****.bull****.
Original post by hau28
You are either a troll or delusional if you think OP is defendable.

You think calling someone ugly is a coherent argument?
Original post by Little Popcorns
Considering we have more access to information nowadays than we have ever had I'm failing to see how we have such a dip in intelligence on here... The quality of threads has gone to ****.bull****.

We also have more access to bull****. :beard:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hau28
No one is saying that ugly people don't face discrimination,

1/ Plenty of people on this thread are saying this sort of discrimination doesn't exist (or are denying that ugliness exists).

Original post by hau28
but to make such an idiotic statement that being called ugly is worse than racism and sexism is appalling.

2/ If you'd read my post, you'd have seen that I'd said "I don't agree that the discrimination is at all similar or comparable".

Original post by hau28
The statement also lacks intersectionality, as though only ugly white men exist. So you can't be non-white, female and ugly?

Of course you can. Did I say otherwise? These are all valid points, but you're expressing them as if I've said something contrary to them. Are you sure you've responded to the right person?
Reply 49
Original post by JuliusDS92
1/ Plenty of people on this thread are saying this sort of discrimination doesn't exist (or are denying that ugliness exists).

2/ If you'd read my post, you'd have seen that I'd said "I don't agree that the discrimination is at all similar or comparable".

Of course you can. Did I say otherwise? These are all valid points, but you're expressing them as if I've said something contrary to them. Are you sure you've responded to the right person?

I'm talking about the original post, can you not read the thread title?
Original post by Tai Ga
mate no. Have you seen the amount of ugly billionaires? As long as you have drive, intelligence and are business savvy your aesthetics don't matter.

Most billionaires are old and good looking for their age.

If you look at these billionaires when they were younger, they were decent. Steve Jobs was incredibly handsome and was basically Ashton Kutcher; Bill Gates was okay and Mark Zuckerberg was above average. Don't confuse old with ugly.
Original post by Tai Ga
mate no. Have you seen the amount of ugly billionaires? As long as you have drive, intelligence and are business savvy your aesthetics don't matter.

Most billionaires are old and good looking for their age.

If you look at these billionaires when they were younger, they were decent. Steve Jobs was incredibly handsome and was basically Ashton Kutcher; Bill Gates was okay and Mark Zuckerberg was above average. Don't confuse old with ugly.

Original post by hau28
No one is saying that ugly people don't face discrimination, but to make such an idiotic statement that being called ugly is worse than racism and sexism is appalling. The statement also lacks intersectionality, as though only ugly white men exist. So you can't be non-white, female and ugly? Strange because according to a number of people on this site (see all the black girl threads) all black women are ugly simply by virtue of being black.

An ugly black woman is going to face more discrimination than someone who looks like Beyonce; simply because looks influence perceptions FAR more than race.

It makes me sick that good looking women think their problems are comparable to that of ugly people.
Original post by jazjaz
At what point in history did ugly people get stoned, lynched or sold as cattle etc. for being ugly? Maybe I missed that part...

Nazi Germany - people were killed for being ugly.
Original post by hau28
I'm talking about the original post, can you not read the thread title?

So why don't you argue with the OP about it and not me? Again, I'm not sure why you quoted me and directed your questions to me in the first place.
Original post by Blondie987

I'm brown skinned and I've never faced racism. But bullying for my looks? Yep, faced that. Nobody cares if you're an average or good looking ethnic minority.
Original post by hau28
I'm guessing that you're an ugly below average white man who can't get a girlfriend and that this is your only way of venting out your frustration that the white patriarchy isn't benefiting you for once...

1. Not white

2. Patriarchy doesn't exist
Reply 56
Original post by theperformer
Nazi Germany - people were killed for being ugly.

Since when? If you were sent to a camp for 'undesirable' features then that would be based on your ethnic features.
Original post by Dreifusser

You're bigoted if you think average looking women/men face problems comparable to ugly people. Racism/sexism are nothing compared to being ugly fact.
Reply 58
sorry but WTF kind of thinking is that. Have you spent time to read about the history of both sexisim and racism? People actually died for these causes and here your comparing them to being ugly. Ridiculous
Either come to terms with your ugliness or do a Neville Longbottom and do something about it....

Neville.jpg

Latest