The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethaaaanie
Thank you for that!😊 How are you finding your first year and the uni itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome, if you or anyone else would like any advice let me know and I can try to help you out! :smile:

I am really enjoying it, York is a great city and the campus is beautiful. I commute though so it's a little different. My only complaint is that sometimes we have long gaps between lectures and the library is always full, so if you live on campus or in the city at least you don't have that to worry about!
Hi, iv applied to UU, applied last year too, past the interview however I didn't score high enough to be offered a place :frown: so giving it another shot. X
Original post by Alisha hollow
Hey, I've also applied for social work, bournemouth, bristol uwe, bath, plymouth and have received 2 interviews already, one of which is in a couple of days time! from what I've heard, the written exam is generally just to test your grammar and english level! Good luck to all ☺️

Good luck with your interviews!

Original post by Mcarly14
Thank you! Iv got 4 articles to read then on the day have to write a response to one they choose, a group discussion and a interview, I'm just going to try and read as much stuff as I can on social work! I'm quite nervous as I don't have much experience in social work job wise.

Same as me tbh, I've took a year out to study something completely unrelated to Social Work so will have to refresh my memory lol. Hope you receive an offer!
I've applied for Social work at Bournemouth, Bucks, Gloucestershire, Anglia Ruskin and Southampton Solent. Have an interview for Southampton Solent next week and Gloucestershire the week after :biggrin:
Reply 24
Update!! I've got an interview for Oxford Brooke's as well as Bucks both in Feb. Excited!
Original post by everything1177
I've applied for Social work at Bournemouth, Bucks, Gloucestershire, Anglia Ruskin and Southampton Solent. Have an interview for Southampton Solent next week and Gloucestershire the week after :biggrin:

Congrats:biggrin: Which is your first choice?

Original post by clare613
Update!! I've got an interview for Oxford Brooke's as well as Bucks both in Feb. Excited!

Good luck, could you give an update when you've had the interviews please?
Reply 26
Original post by bethaaaanie
Congrats:biggrin: Which is your first choice?

Good luck, could you give an update when you've had the interviews please?

I
Yes I'll update when I've done them!
Hi all! Anyone applied to Plymouth University?
Original post by Parkerpenny
Hi all! Anyone applied to Plymouth University?

Hi parkerpenny, yes I have, I have an interview on the 27th of jan 😊
Alisha hollow

Wow! Good luck! Can I ask you a. When did you apply and b. When did you hear you had an interview? That's amazing. I applied 1st Jan and have not heard a thing. I assumed we would all hear after the closing date today! Maybe not :-) its great to hear news that someone's got the the next stage! X x x
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Alisha hollow

Wow! Good luck! Can I ask you a. When did you apply and b. When did you hear you had an interview? That's amazing. I applied 1st Jan and have not heard a thing. I assumed we would all hear after the closing date today! Maybe not :-) its great to hear news that someone's got the the next stage! X x x

My tutor at college said you can hear any time up until May!!
Original post by clare613
My tutor at college said you can hear any time up until May!!

Yes Claire613, that's right, but I am amazed that anyone has heard so soon. I wasn't expecting to hear anything for quite some time. My thinking is that she must have heard before the closing date! I'm just trying to work out whats going on with Plymouth uni as all uni's have different processes for applicants x x

When did you put in your application to your selected Uni's hun?

To be honest...i don't like not knowing what's going on with my life! I am a mature student with 3 kids and a household to pay for and consider so planning ahead is a must for me! Plus i am SLIGHTLY impatient.....hahaha!
(edited 8 years ago)
So, all us wanna be social workers........ what current affairs are YOU planning to discuss in your social work interview? I am thinking about the 100% rise in asylum seeking children who are arriving with NO parents with them in the UK and how Kent is in absolute crisis trying to find suitable foster placements for 3000 extra children. Crazy times!

What are your thoughts? There is so much going on its hard to chose and research in depth just one or two issues!
(edited 8 years ago)
Alisha hollow

I applied 2 weeks before we broke up for Christmas so about 7 or 8 weeks ago now, and got an interview roughly 3 weeks later! The rest seem to be rather slow, haven't heard a thing from UWE yet!
Original post by Alisha hollow
I applied 2 weeks before we broke up for Christmas so about 7 or 8 weeks ago now, and got an interview roughly 3 weeks later! The rest seem to be rather slow, haven't heard a thing from UWE yet!

Wow! So are you all prepared? Will you let me know how it goes for you? I dont even know you; yet i am so excited for you, how daft is that!!
hi,
i applied to study social work just before christmas, heard back from 4 uni's out of 5 so far, so i have 4 interviews coming up really nervous but excited. i applied to leeds beckett, teesside, manchester met, edge hill and hull.
Original post by melsybeans
hi,
i applied to study social work just before christmas, heard back from 4 uni's out of 5 so far, so i have 4 interviews coming up really nervous but excited. i applied to leeds beckett, teesside, manchester met, edge hill and hull.

Thats great melsybeans! Which would be your preference?
Wow! So are you all prepared? Will you let me know how it goes for you? I dont even know you; yet i am so excited for you, how daft is that!!

Haha awwww thanks- I will begin prep this week! Had interview a couple of days ago for a different uni so have been preparing for that one up until now! Of course I will, I've heard its quite tough, someone at my bournemouth interview had one and was unsuccessful, fingers crossed for us both ☺️
Hello,

Hope everyone's applications are going well!

I have applied to study Social Work at:
Greenwich, Canterbury Christ, ARU, Bournemouth and Lincoln!

I have interviews for all of them this month and the start of Feb, and had my interview on Wed for ARU and received an offer yesterday!

Anyone applied to the same as me?
Thats great melsybeans! Which would be your preference?

I think Manchester met. 😄 just hoping the interview will goes well 😬😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply