The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CharlotteSt
Hi I've had an interview request from York, what date is yours?

9th Feb, how about you?
Original post by Alisha hollow
Haha awwww thanks- I will begin prep this week! Had interview a couple of days ago for a different uni so have been preparing for that one up until now! Of course I will, I've heard its quite tough, someone at my bournemouth interview had one and was unsuccessful, fingers crossed for us both ☺️

What they had already had an interview at Plymouth and got rejected? Plymouth is the only place I can apply to due to kids/life so if I dobt get in there I'm screwed for a year basically!!
Original post by fml
When did you send off your applications?

I got an acknowledgement email only from Sheffield, not York. I sent the applications late on a Monday evening, acknowledgement email from Sheffield on the Tuesday morning. Interview offer from Sheffield on Thursday and York on the following Monday?

I sent my application off on the 7th and got an acknowledgement email from Sheffield and York on Friday. Good luck with your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm waiting nervously from Edinburgh. It's only been a week since acknowledgement of my application and it's driving me mad...think it's going to be a looooong month of pacing!
Hi, has anyone had an interview at Lancaster? If so, how would you suggest I prepare? So nervous 😁😁
Original post by bethaaaanie
Hi!

I thought I'd start an official thread for 2016 Social Work Applicants as I can't find many with recent posts. Just wondering if there is anyone that is applying this year and to which universities? Or has anyone had an interview/offer yet?

I am applying to Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Leeds Beckett, York and Manchester met.

hey!! i have also applied to Sheffield hallam and have my interview this month!! have you heard back?
Original post by danikenzz123
hey!! i have also applied to Sheffield hallam and have my interview this month!! have you heard back?

Hey,

No I haven't heard anything from Sheffield yet, just an acknowledgement. Hope I do as it'd be my first choice! You all prepared for your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Has anyone heard back from any of the Scottish Unis about Social Work?
Hey,

No I haven't heard anything from Sheffield yet, just an acknowledgement. Hope I do as it'd be my first choice! You all prepared for your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope so nervous!! No idea what it's going to be on which is even worse! When did you apply? I have an interview tomrorow for Lancaster just going to focus loads tonight on preparation!
Hi, has anyone had an interview at Lancaster? If so, how would you suggest I prepare? So nervous 😁😁

Hey I have my interview at Lancaster tomrorow!! So nervous too!
Hey I have my interview at Lancaster tomrorow!! So nervous too!

Mines tomorrow too! What are you doing to prepare? 😊
I'm applying for Social Work 2016 intake and I have an interview for Derby on 20th!! Anyone have any tips? I've had my BCU interview (first choice) and got a conditional offer so I'll be going there if I get the grades but I need an offer from Derby for my backup!! Anyone had an interview at Derby/got one?
Mines tomorrow too! What are you doing to prepare? 😊

Want to add me on Facebook? Don't really understand this only just joined!
Original post by SSR20
Has anyone heard back from any of the Scottish Unis about Social Work?

Hi ive applied to edinburgh, cali, uws, stirling and strathclyde. Ive heard back from stirling- through to second stage got an essay to submit by 24th xx
Want to add me on Facebook? Don't really understand this only just joined!

We also have a Facebook group chat!
Original post by Parkerpenny
What they had already had an interview at Plymouth and got rejected? Plymouth is the only place I can apply to due to kids/life so if I dobt get in there I'm screwed for a year basically!!

Yeah think their interview was a few weeks ago now and heard back a week or so later saying they were unsuccessful! Oh god, I'm sure it will be fine, just need to think positively, and if you get given an interview prepare as much as possible!
We also have a Facebook group chat!

What's the chat?😊
its a social work chat for everyone that has interviews for uni this year! really helps! here is my link to my facebook page! add me and i will add you into it! if not just search on facebook Danielle Kennedy and im wearing a black dress :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/danielle.kennedy.16906
Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have mine in about 2 weeks!! ill let you know how it goes and give you some tips!:smile:
its a social work chat for everyone that has interviews for uni this year! really helps! here is my link to my facebook page! add me and i will add you into it! if not just search on facebook Danielle Kennedy and im wearing a black dress :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/danielle.kennedy.16906

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest