The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danikenzz123
i have mine in about 2 weeks!! ill let you know how it goes and give you some tips!:smile:

Thank you and good luck with your interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Hi, i'm new to this! I've applied for MA Social Work at UEL, Brunel, Anglia Ruskin, Cardiff and Norwich. I have interviews for UEL and Brunel. I'm dreading any group interviews, any help would be much appreciated! :smile:
Original post by fml
9th Feb, how about you?

The 23rd of feb, good luck! And if you wouldn't mind could you give me some help on how to prepare for it 😊
Original post by bethaaaanie
Hi!

I thought I'd start an official thread for 2016 Social Work Applicants as I can't find many with recent posts. Just wondering if there is anyone that is applying this year and to which universities? Or has anyone had an interview/offer yet?

I am applying to Sheffield Hallam, Northumbria, Leeds Beckett, York and Manchester met.

Hi,
I have a interview at Leeds Beckett on Thursday have you been to an interview or been offered one yet? :smile:
Original post by daniellef116
Hi,
I have a interview at Leeds Beckett on Thursday have you been to an interview or been offered one yet? :smile:

Hey!
No I haven't heard anything from LB yet, did you get an acknowledgement email at all? Good luck with your interview:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey i have applied to, salford, lancaster, sheffiled hallam and leeds! anyone else?
Original post by bethaaaanie
Ah good luck! That's the part I'm worried about as well:frown: I've saw some old threads on here where I saw some people say they were sent a letter a week to 24 hours before the interview telling them what the written test would be about so they could prep, hope that still happens!

I have an interview at Brunel for Social work Ma 10 Feb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alisha hollow
Yeah think their interview was a few weeks ago now and heard back a week or so later saying they were unsuccessful! Oh god, I'm sure it will be fine, just need to think positively, and if you get given an interview prepare as much as possible!

Its the 27th right? Got everything xed for you! Can't wait to hear what its all about and how you get on!
Original post by danikenzz123
hey i have applied to, salford, lancaster, sheffiled hallam and leeds! anyone else?

Ive applied to salford, my friend had her interview already and basically she had analyse an article on views on adoption based on social work in which u were asked questions about and had to pick out from the article what the answers are. Then the group interview was based on a random topic where u had to contribute any ideas or arguments to, then the last stage was the one to one interview where they ask things like why do you want to be a social worker, what are the skills of a social worker etc.
Original post by Parkerpenny
Its the 27th right? Got everything xed for you! Can't wait to hear what its all about and how you get on!

Yep, will let you know what happens! Update: just had an email from bournemouth, my interview which I thought went terribly last week must of gone the opposite! Got offered a place! 😀
Yep, will let you know what happens! Update: just had an email from bournemouth, my interview which I thought went terribly last week must of gone the opposite! Got offered a place! 😀

Oh well done!!!! I had applied to go to Bournemouth also, and have an interview next week!!!
Original post by Megan0912
Oh well done!!!! I had applied to go to Bournemouth also, and have an interview next week!!!

Good luck! I wish I could give you some pointers but I honestly don't know how I managed it! Just be confident and make sure you join in with your group discussion as much as possible! ☺️
Good luck! I wish I could give you some pointers but I honestly don't know how I managed it! Just be confident and make sure you join in with your group discussion as much as possible! ☺️

Thank you, is it one of the harder interviews you've had? I've only had one so far and was rather straight forward!!

I'm nervous about the presentation which we're asked to do on 'What is Social Work' it's rather broad in my opinion! But just gotta go with it I suppose!
Original post by Megan0912
Thank you, is it one of the harder interviews you've had? I've only had one so far and was rather straight forward!!

I'm nervous about the presentation which we're asked to do on 'What is Social Work' it's rather broad in my opinion! But just gotta go with it I suppose!

It was my first one so very happy! Haha yeah I said it was very broad but they said that's the whole point of it really to see how much information you give and what about!
It was my first one so very happy! Haha yeah I said it was very broad but they said that's the whole point of it really to see how much information you give and what about!

You should be!! & alright fab, the more the better then!

Thats fantastic news! Congratulations you must be over the moon!
I'm still waiting to hear back from Plymouth Uni........but no rejection yet so i am guessing that in itself must be a good thing....:s-smilie:
Am so pleased for you about Bournemouth hun. Such good news! x x x
Hi everyone!!!
How's everyone getting on with their interviews? I had my Uclan interview a couple of weeks ago at Preston and I was absolutely bricking it the run up to it. I have to say it wasn't bad at all, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly as were the other candidates attending for their interviews.
The process consisted of a 45 minute written test which I received the brief for 2 weeks prior to the interview in the post so I knew exactly what I had to write about. There was also a one to one interview. They sent out the interview questions too so I could prepare answers. At the end of the interview I was told there and then I would be made an offer so that was really good. I was dreading having to come home and wait for weeks for an answer because Uclan was my preferred choice. My experience with Uclan was a very positive one, I really like their process.
If anyone wants any advice feel free to ask and good luck to those waiting on interviews :-)
Original post by Dollydimple
Hi everyone!!!
How's everyone getting on with their interviews? I had my Uclan interview a couple of weeks ago at Preston and I was absolutely bricking it the run up to it. I have to say it wasn't bad at all, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly as were the other candidates attending for their interviews.
The process consisted of a 45 minute written test which I received the brief for 2 weeks prior to the interview in the post so I knew exactly what I had to write about. There was also a one to one interview. They sent out the interview questions too so I could prepare answers. At the end of the interview I was told there and then I would be made an offer so that was really good. I was dreading having to come home and wait for weeks for an answer because Uclan was my preferred choice. My experience with Uclan was a very positive one, I really like their process.
If anyone wants any advice feel free to ask and good luck to those waiting on interviews :-)

That sounds amazing! Well done you!! Congratulations!
Original post by Dollydimple
Hi everyone!!!

Congrats on your offer! Thanks for the info, seems straight forward. Hope most are like this haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to Leeds Beckett, Derby or Northumbria and did you receive an acknowledgement email? Constantly checking my emails and haven't heard anything😩 Only had emails from Sheffield Hallam and York. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest