The Student Room Group

Please give me some advice?

Hello everyone, so basically i have recently moved schools. Im getting ready for exams atm and because I didnt start this new school at the start of the year, I dont know everything. I have this ICT teacher, and at first I just though of him as an ordinary teacher, but recently I have started to have feelings for him and I literally don't know why. I think it could be just a crush. My friends have been noticing that around school he has been staring at me a lot and they think that he has a soft spot for me and like likes me. Recently he has been giving me one to one lessons to help me catch up work. Here is a few examples of why me and my friends think what we think:

1) A few weeks ago in a lesson I asked for help and he came to kneel down next to me and touched my leg. Im not going to report him for this as it could have been an accident.

2) I always catch him staring at me.

3) He always gives me these smiley looks if I see him in the corridors.

4) When I ask a question in class and my friend does too, he always gives my friends an answer but always comes and sits down next to me and goes through the whole thing if you know what I mean.

There are a few more but there not really important.

Do you think he likes me more than a student?
Also I am quite a chatty and loud person and sometimes I ask my friends for help when we work in silence etc. Well the last lesson we had, we were revising and so I asked my friends and he kept looking over at me and giving me a look but I couldnt see his face as the computer was in the way. Do you think I annoyed him? I havent seen him since so I hope he is ok with me?
Thanks everyone

Scroll to see replies

Feelings for a teacher? That's really out of order
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Feelings for a teacher? That's really out of order

Thats your opinion...
even if he does like you
what can you do?
it's illegal to hook up
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
even if he does like you
what can you do?
it's illegal to hook up

True. Still can flirt though
Original post by BBY123
True. Still can flirt though

Oh dear oh dear...

I don't wish to insult you, but that response just goes to show you have a lot of growing up to do. It's not a case of "can" you flirt, it's a case of whether or not you should. Well, I can give you the answer to that. You shouldn't.

How old are you? You said school so I'm guessing around 16 years old? The teacher's going to be what, late 20's or 30's? Not only is there an inappropriate age difference, you have a professional student-teacher relationship to consider, as well as the fact that any further relationship with you would be jeopardizing his job...not to mention he could get in incredibly deep trouble for it.

If you pursue this, you're just asking for trouble. Even more so is he. Go find someone your own age, and stop letting nativity get the better of you.
Reply 6
Original post by The Arsonist
So long as you feel like he's attracted to you, flirting will be fun. Just... Don't let it go further. Set the boundary at 'harmless flirting.' Any advances on either side are inappropriate.

Ok, Thanks for the advice
Reply 7
Other people are saying I can flirt and I know that its illegal which is why I wont take it further as I wouldn't want either of us to get into trouble.
Original post by BBY123
Other people are saying I can flirt and I know that its illegal which is why I wont take it further as I wouldn't want either of us to get into trouble.

Even if flirting isn't illegal in itself, the act would be considered inappropriate by most people, especially his co-workers. There's still the case of preserving the student-teacher relationship, which flirting undermines.

Your efforts would be better spent flirting with and enjoying experiences with boys your own age. You've got plenty of time for older men when you are in fact older. :smile:

All of these are just reasons he shouldn't do it.

From her standpoint she's considered a minor and will get away with pretty much anything. Putting her teacher in a vulnerable situation by allowing him to continue this type of relationship is selfish and immature on her part. I'd also think it's fair to say that if there are reasons why he shouldn't do it, those are reasons enough not to pursue.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
OK...
Reply 10
This is a very undeveloped philosophy. Why shouldn't she?

All of these are just reasons he shouldn't do it.

I agree with you.
Original post by BBY123
I agree with you.

Of course you would.
Reply 12
What do you mean? I agree as they gave a reply to yours saying why shouldnt I flirt which you said i shouldnt? I never disagreed with yours either as it was true what you said.
Reply 13
How fun! :biggrin:

*shrug* Hehe. She gets to flirt with a guy who definitely shouldn't do it back and the more he does the more naughty it feels. In the grand scheme of things, flirting is harmless. Who cares if it's selfish and immature if she likes it? :tongue:

Any further is concerning, I agree.

Haha, thanks :smile: and yes I know that it cant go further.
(edited 8 years ago)
Who cares if it's selfish and immature if she likes it? :tongue:

Presumably you're an adult? I am not against young people having fun, making mistakes etc because that is the whole point of growing up, but at the same time I believe we should endeavor to use our own experiences and knowledge to help them on their way to maturity and good development of character. Encouraging this sort of behavior is absurd to me, though I do totally understand and agree with your reasoning of it being harmless flirting.

Any further is concerning, I agree.

I don't think I've ever seen a situation like this NOT escalate to something else.
Reply 15
Like I said, I understand and agree with what you are saying about it escalating, but I am mature enough to understand that this can't happen and I won't let it happen either.
PRSOM
Original post by BBY123
Hello everyone, so basically i have recently moved schools. Im getting ready for exams atm and because I didnt start this new school at the start of the year, I dont know everything. I have this ICT teacher, and at first I just though of him as an ordinary teacher, but recently I have started to have feelings for him and I literally don't know why. I think it could be just a crush. My friends have been noticing that around school he has been staring at me a lot and they think that he has a soft spot for me and like likes me. Recently he has been giving me one to one lessons to help me catch up work. Here is a few examples of why me and my friends think what we think:

1) A few weeks ago in a lesson I asked for help and he came to kneel down next to me and touched my leg. Im not going to report him for this as it could have been an accident.

2) I always catch him staring at me.

3) He always gives me these smiley looks if I see him in the corridors.

4) When I ask a question in class and my friend does too, he always gives my friends an answer but always comes and sits down next to me and goes through the whole thing if you know what I mean.

There are a few more but there not really important.

Do you think he likes me more than a student?
Also I am quite a chatty and loud person and sometimes I ask my friends for help when we work in silence etc. Well the last lesson we had, we were revising and so I asked my friends and he kept looking over at me and giving me a look but I couldnt see his face as the computer was in the way. Do you think I annoyed him? I havent seen him since so I hope he is ok with me?
Thanks everyone

Maybe he's just being friendly?
Reply 18
Original post by Rock Fan
Maybe he's just being friendly?

Do you think so?
Original post by BBY123
Do you think so?

In his job role surely, in any case you can't act on anything, he's in a position of trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending