The Student Room Group

Can I apply for Year 1 for unis in Scotland but if I get in, transfer to Year 2?

As you know, Scottish undergraduate programme lasts 4 years, not 3 as in England. There is a possibility of direct entry to Year 2 but you have to select this option when applying through UCAS. This means higher entry requirements so it is risky. So I am wondering whether it's possible to apply as most of the candidates for Year 1, but in case I get a higher score that would be enough to get straight to Year 2, transfer to Year 2 before the beginning of the academic year? What do you guys think?
By the way, what do you think in general about the idea of direct entry to the second year? I am applying for CS.
Original post by Michael362
As you know, Scottish undergraduate programme lasts 4 years, not 3 as in England. There is a possibility of direct entry to Year 2 but you have to select this option when applying through UCAS. This means higher entry requirements so it is risky. So I am wondering whether it's possible to apply as most of the candidates for Year 1, but in case I get a higher score that would be enough to get straight to Year 2, transfer to Year 2 before the beginning of the academic year? What do you guys think?
By the way, what do you think in general about the idea of direct entry to the second year? I am applying for CS.

It's better to do the opposite - most universities will consider you for the lower entry route if you apply for the higher route.

If you'd like to know the likelihood of accelerating if you exceed your predictions you need to ask the universities concerned directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending