The Student Room Group

CIE iGCSE Geography

How is everyone planning on revising for it? CIE is so stupid and the majority of case studies asked aren't even mentioned on the spec so what do you think you will do :///

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lordofthehumans
How is everyone planning on revising for it? CIE is so stupid and the majority of case studies asked aren't even mentioned on the spec so what do you think you will do :///

Spoiler

Original post by Imperion

Spoiler

apparently it was really hard last year and people hardly knew any case studies which came up-- I'm really worried because im not great at improv especially with geog
apparently it was really hard last year and people hardly knew any case studies which came up-- I'm really worried because im not great at improv especially with geog

Won't deny it was tough but manageable. I think people should have explored a bit outwards and they might have had a clue about that.
Won't deny it was tough but manageable. I think people should have explored a bit outwards and they might have had a clue about that.

any tips to do that? :s-smilie: like how do i explore sorry im a bit clueless
any tips to do that? :s-smilie: like how do i explore sorry im a bit clueless

Online xD I had the same issue as you but I checked Edexcel's iGCSE equivalent and other places online and started working from there. Sometimes relying on CIE always isn't the best thing.
Online xD I had the same issue as you but I checked Edexcel's iGCSE equivalent and other places online and started working from there. Sometimes relying on CIE always isn't the best thing.

Thanks!!!! :beer:
Thanks!!!! :beer:

No worries, if you have any further questions, you could ask :yep:

Hey, I am sitting the exam this summer too. I had my geography mock last week and I have paper 2 next week. My paper 1 went great. However I do agree the case studies change. 2015 it was internal migration. Just do past papers, that is all you do for revision for this course to be honest. Do you have any tips for paper 2 and 4. I am more worried about those.
Original post by Castro300
Hey, I am sitting the exam this summer too. I had my geography mock last week and I have paper 2 next week. My paper 1 went great. However I do agree the case studies change. 2015 it was internal migration. Just do past papers, that is all you do for revision for this course to be honest. Do you have any tips for paper 2 and 4. I am more worried about those.

We didn't do the 2015 paper for our mocks, our teacher made a paper from old papers of case studies we had already done so it wasn't a great way to practise :colonhash:

I haven't looked at a skills paper but apparently we have to learn a lot of definitions and key terms so I guess I will revise them in detail but my mock for that is on Wednesday :frown:

We don't have three papers... do you do a coursework substitute paper?
Our mock was not 2015, it was 2013 but a different version. 2015 is available online (xtreme papers). Yeah we do paper 4:alternative to coursework and I think its better. We do the the field work , so your rivers, tourism and it helps with the exam. Paper 2 is quite challenging in the sense you do need to know your stuff (I realise now why they say revise all the topics instead of choosing your best 3 out of 6, cuzz they all crop up on paper 4 or 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We didn't do the 2015 paper for our mocks, our teacher made a paper from old papers of case studies we had already done so it wasn't a great way to practise :colonhash:

I haven't looked at a skills paper but apparently we have to learn a lot of definitions and key terms so I guess I will revise them in detail but my mock for that is on Wednesday :frown:

We don't have three papers... do you do a coursework substitute paper?

So, the exam is on the 3rd of May. Are you ready for it. Have you revised all the topics and themes and all the case studies to go with it?
Reply 12

That's coz theres a new spec so the majority of these case studies would not come up in this years paper.
Original post by mandm
That's coz theres a new spec so the majority of these case studies would not come up in this years paper.

Yeah we just found this out last week!! :u:
Original post by Castro300
So, the exam is on the 3rd of May. Are you ready for it. Have you revised all the topics and themes and all the case studies to go with it?

I need to learn quite a bit to be honest like all the landform formations but I've been stuck on DT coursework for quite a while :s-smilie:
What topics do you think will come up. I hope tectonics and tourism come up. Do you guys think the paper will be easier cuzz we are the first year with this new format. Also, you know the case studies on 2016 spec, that's all we need to know right ?
I think so, but some on the spec are really vague tbh and require you to think outside the statement given.... SMH something like 30 case studies and only 3 will crop up!
Good luck for tuesday guys!!! We can do :h
Yeah hopefully, I mean this weekend is just gonna be full of past paper abuse (lol) and revision over the whole course- fun fun fun.
When it says 'a country with a high dependant population ', do we need to know a country with a young population or do we just stick to ageing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply